I am a Moderator Elsewhere. Go Ahead, Ask me a Question.

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman":1auunmkx said:
do it make you feel empowered, like you can do anything :cowboy:

No. I take pride in being fair. I have a clear conscience. Moderating message boards is a tough job. I have to distinguish if a combination of words are against rules previously established. If words are combined one way, the phrase may have a different meaning combined another way. It is important I extinguish fires as soon as possible to maintain order according to the private goals set forth.

alacattleman":2czr1xyt said:
so your anal retentive

No bodily words are allowed in a negative connotation. Please refrain from using words like you just used. An example of a correct phrase to ask would be..."so you are a little slow in thinking fast?".

At the place that you are a moderator, do the members know that you are a moderator and do you have that title associated with your user name?

And are you really slow at thinking fast?

And are you only a 25 watt bulb mixed in with a case of 100 watt bulbs?

And were you the dullest nail in the box?

At the most recent battle of the wits, were you disqualified because you came unarmed?

Curious minds want to know.

At the place that you are a moderator, do the members know that you are a moderator and do you have that title associated with your user name?

No members know I am a moderator. The same way with our programmers. We use a different title when our posts are visible.

And are you really slow at thinking fast?

No. I received a perfect 800 score in the math component on my SAT exam. I have a degree in Animal Husbandry, English, Chemistry, have a Masters in Chemistry and Animal Husbandry, and a doctorate in English.

And are you only a 25 watt bulb mixed in with a case of 100 watt bulbs?

Light bulb cases come in multiples of 24, like beer, so your answer is no.

And were you the dullest nail in the box?

No. I graduated Sigma Cum Laude.

At the most recent battle of the wits, were you disqualified because you came unarmed?

The last debate I lost was in 1981 against Carl Sagan on PBS concerning anti-matter and I was unprepared due to a domestic argument the prior night.

Curious minds want to know.

Hope you are satisfied. But, I dare you. Ask me another moderator question.

HerefordSire":3chqauyw said:

I'll ask. Is it worth it? I am guessing no but maybe it is a paid position?

backhoeboogie":1bnbm4h7 said:
I'll ask. Is it worth it? I am guessing no but maybe it is a paid position?

Very good question backhoeboogie. Sometimes I get tired of hearing all the complaints, yet a day doesn't go by when I don't learn something. People from all over the world combine thoughts and words together in one place in the virtual realm. I enjoy it so much I would take a pay cut if I received any pay at all. There is no need to pay me because I love being around likeminded intelligent and loving people.

Nesikep":2hh11rok said:
Have you had a charisma bypass? :p in some boards I've been on it has seemed to be a prerequisite to being a mod

It is not what we know, it is who we know. I am not charismatic, yet I have strengths in other areas. I better not speak for the other mods. The main thing we stress is to be fair and ethical.

I have been a mod on a sort of "teen" board... depending on the character of the general populous of the board, it can be a handful, my policy was to do the least possible.

id like too be a moderator,, then i could boot or delete anybody that dissagreed with me,,and black angus would be king of the boards, and you all would love it or be sent packing :cowboy:

HerefordSire":1gyuosgk said:

Did you start to look like Captain Kirk before or after becoming a moderator?

As a moderator, do you fly by the seat of your pants as much as Captain Kirk?

As a moderator, why didn't you choose to look like Spock instead?

Was not Spock the moderator for the USS Enterprise?

How often do you see beer bottles in cases of 24?

When referring to beer in cases of 24, were you referring to "Natty", aka Natural Light, the choice of 4 wheeler riders everywhere?

When did Captain Kirk start riding 4-wheelers instead of steering the enterprise.

I'm confused.

grannysoo":2mpjhusw said:
How often do you see beer bottles in cases of 24?

When referring to beer in cases of 24, were you referring to "Natty", aka Natural Light, the choice of 4 wheeler riders everywhere?

Beer in bottles now comes in cases of 18 throwaways. I haven't seen a returnable glass bottle in a long time.
Cans are still 24/case, but Natty comes in cases of 30. Natty drinkers are apparently extra thirsty or they have more friends.
Heineken comes in those neat little kegs, if your credit score is strong enough.

Nesikep":2z79uff5 said:
I have been a mod on a sort of "teen" board... depending on the character of the general populous of the board, it can be a handful, my policy was to do the least possible.

We should probably swap places so you could tell us how it really is.

alacattleman":3d634lu9 said:
id like too be a moderator,, then i could boot or delete anybody that dissagreed with me,,and black angus would be king of the boards, and you all would love it or be sent packing :cowboy:

Give a real live example of a post you would ban or delete and provide reasoning.

Now how the heck can anyone do that without being banned,removed or deleated? Buzzing voice)"Does not compute"

alacattleman":2ulpn41p said:
ok where to begin,,, hhhmmmm, angus are the best cattle on earth bar none

How would you know? According to what I've read, you're nothing more than a foul mouth, conservative, redneck. :mrgreen:

(And I hope you take all of that as a compliment!) :banana:

Latest posts