I am a Moderator Elsewhere. Go Ahead, Ask me a Question.

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":35n5svlb said:
alacattleman":35n5svlb said:
ok where to begin,,, hhhmmmm, angus are the best cattle on earth bar none

How would you know? According to what I've read, you're nothing more than a foul mouth, conservative, redneck. :mrgreen:

(And I hope you take all of that as a compliment!) :banana:
thats just the good side you see,,theres a dark side you dont :p

No. I received a perfect 800 score in the math component on my SAT exam. I have a degree in Animal Husbandry, English, Chemistry, have a Masters in Chemistry and Animal Husbandry, and a doctorate in English.

Hey HF...I had more majors than that my first two years. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

HerefordSire":jatzqyjl said:
Nesikep":jatzqyjl said:
Have you had a charisma bypass? :p in some boards I've been on it has seemed to be a prerequisite to being a mod

It is not what we know, it is who we know. I am not charismatic, yet I have strengths in other areas. I better not speak for the other mods. The main thing we stress is to be fair and ethical.

And remember that every day is a new day...you must forget anything that may have happened the day before (no grudges or getting even). Oh and don't forget. "Rank has it's responsibilities". ;-)

Does it make you feel like a man of importance?
I mean like a step above all us on here.
And when you get into a argument with someone and you start to loose will you lock the thread?
Or delete it?

Cal

Did you start to look like Captain Kirk before or after becoming a moderator?

Neither. I look like a stout George Strait.

As a moderator, do you fly by the seat of your pants as much as Captain Kirk?

I only fly when Scotty Jim Beam's me up.

As a moderator, why didn't you choose to look like Spock instead?

My avatar used to be Spock.

Was not Spock the moderator for the USS Enterprise?

Yes, but I authorized him to be incognito so Scotty, McCoy, Sulu, and the others didn't know he was the mod.

How often do you see beer bottles in cases of 24?

I buy the 30s in cans. The extra six allows me to moderate a complete day.

When referring to beer in cases of 24, were you referring to "Natty", aka Natural Light, the choice of 4 wheeler riders everywhere?

Negative. I prefer Buttwiser, the king of beers, because I am the head moderator.

When did Captain Kirk start riding 4-wheelers instead of steering the enterprise.

It came with the Priceline deal several years ago.

I'm confused.

I am glad you asked me these questions.

HerefordSire":2uw2bdh3 said:
alacattleman":2uw2bdh3 said:
id like too be a moderator,, then i could boot or delete anybody that dissagreed with me,,and black angus would be king of the boards, and you all would love it or be sent packing :cowboy:

Give a real live example of a post you would ban or delete and provide reasoning.

Sarcasm on his part already? He fits right in with atleast one Mod with the statements he makes. :D

backhoeboogie":a92kjivw said:
HerefordSire":a92kjivw said:
alacattleman":a92kjivw said:
id like too be a moderator,, then i could boot or delete anybody that dissagreed with me,,and black angus would be king of the boards, and you all would love it or be sent packing :cowboy:

Give a real live example of a post you would ban or delete and provide reasoning.

Sarcasm on his part already? He fits right in with atleast one Mod with the statements he makes. :D

And only been a mod for one day.

Cal

peg4x4":3jwkixu9 said:
Now how the heck can anyone do that without being banned,removed or deleated? Buzzing voice)"Does not compute"

I wanted Bammy to point someone's inappropriate post out and give reasoning why he would have deleted it or locked it.

alacattleman":cimwwehf said:

I would never hide/lock a post like that. Can you locate someone else's post that you would delete or lock and provide reasoning?

HS, do you believe you can be an active participant on the board yet still be impartial, fair and consistent with your "discipline" when you are wearing your moderator hat?

alacattleman":21m37smf said:
grannysoo":21m37smf said:
alacattleman":21m37smf said:

How would you know? According to what I've read, you're nothing more than a foul mouth, conservative, redneck. :mrgreen:

(And I hope you take all of that as a compliment!) :banana:
thats just the good side you see,,theres a dark side you dont :p

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

TexasBred":fh68hgyl said:
No. I received a perfect 800 score in the math component on my SAT exam. I have a degree in Animal Husbandry, English, Chemistry, have a Masters in Chemistry and Animal Husbandry, and a doctorate in English.

Hey HF...I had more majors than that my first two years. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Please understand that although we stress fairness and ethics, I fibbed to make a point. :p

TexasBred":3tjpnrhb said:
And remember that every day is a new day...you must forget anything that may have happened the day before (no grudges or getting even). Oh and don't forget. "Rank has it's responsibilities". ;-)

Confrontations secure friendships. Your are correct about rank. Sometimes I wish I was the newby mod.

Calman":njvowuan said:
Does it make you feel like a man of importance?
I mean like a step above all us on here.
And when you get into a argument with someone and you start to loose will you lock the thread?
Or delete it?

Cal

No, I put my jock strap on just like the other players...one foot in front of the other. I have yet to see anyone jump with two feet in one. Sometimes, I do catch myself acting in a position of authority, but that comes with the job. I strive to be the best I can be and take criticism from my superiors with a good attitiude. I understand people have difficult days in life so I learned to be more lenient than normal. When I was a young whippersnapper, I would lock her down quick. I never debate in a thread and lock it without asking another moderator's opinion. I only remove threads if the topic is unauthorized.

backhoeboogie":1ltrgwbe said:
HerefordSire":1ltrgwbe said:
alacattleman":1ltrgwbe said:

Moderators are not allowed to express sarcasm unless the target is deserving.

MO_cows":2xjkzwl0 said:
HS, do you believe you can be an active participant on the board yet still be impartial, fair and consistent with your "discipline" when you are wearing your moderator hat?

After this little exercise.....it would be extremely hard for me to. I think it is harder than it looks. I would say it is possible, but would likely depend upon personality type, etc.

Nesikep said:
I have been a mod on a sort of "teen" board... depending on the character of the general populous of the board, it can be a handful, my policy was to do the least possible.[/quote]

Given your user group, most likely the best way to handle it. :nod:

Latest posts