Hydrogen supply

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
My "other half" works in a steel mill. They use furnaces with hydrogen and furnaces with gas to prepair the steel for the next step. (don't ask me what that is) Anyhow, he came home last night and mentioned he would be taking a pay cut for several weeks and working on another job line with in the plant.

Evidentally, the palnt gets their hygrogen supply for these furnaces out of Canada. They had made an order only to find out that the plant in Canada was shut down for a 90 day routein maintence.

Only problem is the only other source available to them was in New Orleans. Plant is out of hydrogen and will be until the 90 maintence is up in the Canadian plant.

Not sure of the relevence but, thought it was an interesting bit of information.

certherfbeef":9ptlcdri said:
My "other half" works in a steel mill. They use furnaces with hydrogen and furnaces with gas to prepair the steel for the next step. (don't ask me what that is) Anyhow, he came home last night and mentioned he would be taking a pay cut for several weeks and working on another job line with in the plant.

Evidentally, the palnt gets their hygrogen supply for these furnaces out of Canada. They had made an order only to find out that the plant in Canada was shut down for a 90 day routein maintence.

Only problem is the only other source available to them was in New Orleans. Plant is out of hydrogen and will be until the 90 maintence is up in the Canadian plant.

Not sure of the relevence but, thought it was an interesting bit of information.

http://www.praxair.com/praxair.nsf/AllC ... nu&Expand=

Don't know who there supplier is just some feed back if your husbands company need's H2 Prax has a very good distrubution network.

Latest posts