Tractor Supply vs Rural King

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis":17ao24fy said:
sstterry":17ao24fy said:
I am just waiting to see some reviews of some of their tractors. You can't beat their price point, but they may be total crap.
The ones here carry rebranded Tym tractors. A friend bought a Tym for his wife to use about 6 years ago and they really like it. But thats the only person I know that owns one.

There Yanmirs? Deere is as well aren't they to ? HP.

I've lost track of who makes what anymore. I think Tym makes some of the Mahindra tractors. It seems they use a variety of engines depending on size.

Bigfoot":3qyx61gw said:
I love popcorn, but I can't make myself get a bag at RK. Seeing the dregs and the drifters sticking their paws in it turns me off.
:lol:

There was an older lady handing popcorn out, as you came in the door, operating the popper. I passed, as I figured it was loaded with salt and butter. I did try some, my wife got, and it was good. I wouldn't want it either if you help yourself....

Caustic Burno":cddxighd said:
M.Magis":cddxighd said:
sstterry":cddxighd said:
I am just waiting to see some reviews of some of their tractors. You can't beat their price point, but they may be total crap.
The ones here carry rebranded Tym tractors. A friend bought a Tym for his wife to use about 6 years ago and they really like it. But thats the only person I know that owns one.

Yep.........

Here is some info on them.....Those Yanmar engines are proven......

http://blog.ruralking.com/behind-scenes-rk-tractors/

Spec...on the tractors.......They need a 65hp version.........

https://blog.ruralking.com/wp-content/u ... Outs-1.pdf

RK55-thumb1.png

place is good for stuff but I'm not sure how they even run the stores.. the employees know nothing, don't know what do to or where to get what.

if you want something not in the store you have to order it online, they have no clue. if you want something in the store.. like something cut or down.. you have to do it yourself usually.

they also have the cheapest nicest rachet straps.

that ttractor just looks like it wants to flip over ...

jltrent":2jjuozq2 said:
Bigfoot":2jjuozq2 said:
I love popcorn, but I can't make myself get a bag at RK. Seeing the dregs and the drifters sticking their paws in it turns me off.

There was an older lady handing popcorn out, as you came in the door, operating the popper. I passed, as I figured it was loaded with salt and butter. I did try some, my wife got, and it was good. I wouldn't want it either if you help yourself....
McCoys here (Preifert dealer and Home/lumber Supply) has a popcorn machine. The few times I've seen it on, you helped yourself, using a scoop and a bag.......just as you would at home..or at a buffet type restaurant... or at the fresh fruit/veg part of your local Kroger grocery store . It's not like people are reaching in with their bare hands and grabbing a handful of popcorn........not here anyway.

ddd75":gvho22dw said:
place is good for stuff but I'm not sure how they even run the stores.. the employees know nothing, don't know what do to or where to get what.

if you want something not in the store you have to order it online, they have no clue. if you want something in the store.. like something cut or down.. you have to do it yourself usually.

they also have the cheapest nicest rachet straps.

Which place are you talking about?
Both of them?

jltrent":2jvo3y63 said:
Caustic Burno":2jvo3y63 said:
M.Magis":2jvo3y63 said:

Yep.........

Here is some info on them.....Those Yanmar engines are proven......

http://blog.ruralking.com/behind-scenes-rk-tractors/

Spec...on the tractors.......They need a 65hp version.........

https://blog.ruralking.com/wp-content/u ... Outs-1.pdf

RK55-thumb1.png

The only dealership we have in town now is LS. I don't know if I could buy one, that Yanmar looks pretty good compared.
They all break down parts and dealership are as important as the tractor.

Is this the same tractor that Cabellas sells. Also several years ago we had Montana and it went south and out of business.

jltrent":1a7j50jf said:
Bigfoot":1a7j50jf said:

When RK first opened up here in town, they had someone serving out the popcorn. Then it got to where it was self serve, one day had the misfortune of over hearing a manager reaming out some employees for letting the popcorn get low. I thought his behavior in the middle of the store was a worse offense than running out of free popcorn. Now it seems low popcorn levels are the norm, popcorn police manager must not still be around.

Latest posts