Hydraulic wire reel

Help Support CattleToday:

rwc

Reaction score
I have a hydraulic motor that I would like to put on a wire reel for rolling up old fence wire. I thought of mounting it on an old pond scoop 3 point hitch frame and rigging up a reel somehow. Has anyone done this or got any ideas. I have seen a couple on youtube that appear to work pretty well. I think the key to rolling barb wire is not to get too fast and be able to stop the reel quickly and be careful.

I built one that hooked up to my auger motor. I put a point on it and stabed it into the ground. The spool was slightly tapered so the wire would come off easy once rolled. Worked like a charm.

we used to have one made out of an old peanut shaker and used 55 gal drums to roll it up on and to unroll it.

I made one that goes on the arms of my hydrabed. I took the spinners off and put a rod thru both arms. Weld a piece of channel on one end. Drill several holes in the channel that will let you bolt old discarded car wheels to it. Let the shaft come thru the channelseveral jnches that u can pin a crank to. This thing works great if u have a bale bed. I can roll up a quarter mile of high tensile wire in 15 minutes or less. when your ready to unroll just hook up the end to your post and start driving . I had tried everything. 5 gallon buckets, 55gal barrels, Jet wire winders you name it.This is simple and it works. Good luck.

Latest posts