Humpty dumpty

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms":1j6o3o7s said:
MikeC":1j6o3o7s said:
THIS COW BELONGS TO THE GUY TALKING ABOUT SOUTHERN CATTLE BEING INFERIOR???????????????????????????????????
(Yes I meant to shout)

What's so funny about it is he has the balls to post a picture of her. Tape..........you got nerve.
:roll: :shock: :?: 8)
Yall dont remember this picture being posted a while back, when he was dared to show pics of his Cattle? Sure does'nt look any better than any cattle you'll see in the South does she?

I remember him and Caustic getting into it about cows one time but thought he would have more brains than to post a pic of THIS cow. If I was him I woulda went to a neighbors and got a picture.
What a clown. :roll:

MikeC":1pvvn9vu said:
Crowderfarms":1pvvn9vu said:
MikeC":1pvvn9vu said:
THIS COW BELONGS TO THE GUY TALKING ABOUT SOUTHERN CATTLE BEING INFERIOR???????????????????????????????????
(Yes I meant to shout)

What's so funny about it is he has the balls to post a picture of her. Tape..........you got nerve.
:roll: :shock: :?: 8)
Yall dont remember this picture being posted a while back, when he was dared to show pics of his Cattle? Sure does'nt look any better than any cattle you'll see in the South does she?

I remember him and Caustic getting into it about cows one time but thought he would have more brains than to post a pic of THIS cow. If I was him I woulda went to a neighbors and got a picture.
What a clown. :roll:

Yeah I remember that was funny Caustic has got some pretty dang good commercial girls. Seen Caustic's girls in that pic he posted hate to tell Mr. Tapeworm I think Caustics Southern Belle's beat his.

ALACOWMAN":17cc0ejf said:
WORANCH":17cc0ejf said:
IMG0260.jpg

Tape I see alot of cattle like this down south . Do you like her ?
Who's cow is this :?:

Tape you think this girl beats these southern gals ROFLMAO
oct1.jpg
[/img]

OK y'all, that's enough bashing Tape. I don't think anyone would have bashed him if we'd known he was visually impaired! :D

Observation#1- Dun is silent?
Observation#2- Tape may have a point to some extent, but doesn't it all come down to the bottom line....making $$$? And since a few of the best ranches in the US are in Fla and other SE states I'd guess the SE has it's act together in that department.

But there sure were quite a few folks heaping some rather lavish praise on old tapeworm about his little, functional cow when he originally posted that picture a few months ago. She's certainly not all that much to look at (say, compared to ollie's RA) but I bet she does wean off a good calf like clockwork each year. She at least has nice depth, even though she seems to be missing a few ribs. I actually see a lot of cattle in my neck of the woods that look very similar to her, and I've got a few myself that could be her "littermates", so to speak, and they wean off very good calves each year. But I also do see a helluva lot down here that "look" quite a bit better, some of which have Brahman blood running through their veins and some that don't.

Problem with old tapeworm is that he apparently thinks that just about anything with some ear or hump is automatically "sorry". I think he's just plain wrong --- but then he doesn't raise cattle in the deep south or south Texas environment (well, at least we can only assume so, since he hasn't felt comfortable enough to even post his location, after all this time). Clearly, there are some "sorry" cattle in the South and Texas, but that's not merely by virtue of being Brahman crossbreds. We've all seen them! In my roaming around I see a lot of really fine cattle (English, Continental and "American"), but I also see a goodly number of hatchet assed, light boned, mongrelized, horned, inbred stuff --- you know, the type that brings to mind the cattle one usually sees in movies with a setting in Mexico or the desert southwest. And too often, even in non-drought times, I see pastures way overstocked and the cattle sure look it. That's the sort of stuff we should all be disenchanted with. But does anybody really believe those kind of cattle are unique to the South?

Now, I reckon tapeworm will never win an award for diplomacy, but in most instances I'll take a straight shooter over a diplomat, as long as what is being shot isn't just a lot of hot air. Alas, tapeworm's recent writings would leave one with the impression that only the South is home to "sorry" cattle. I wonder if he's really done any extensive traveling throughout the country and actually taken a good look at cattle operations all over, or if he's just prone to armchair pontificating and deriding us poor folks down south ;-)

Hey tape, in the interest of cattle science, how about rounding up some really good, representative Herefords and Angus, say from the big name outfits in Nebraska, Montana, Alberta, etc. and then pasture them for 4 or 5 years down in the pear flats of south Texas or the swamps of Louisiana. Then, after those few years let's compare them, and their offspring (and the cash profits or losses therefrom) to their northern "home place" brethren. Hell, you might prove to all of us idiot Southerners & Texans that there is absolutely no need for any Brahman influence down here after all, and the cattle industry will be the better for it!

Arnold Ziffle":3ezipdyr said:
but then he doesn't raise cattle in the deep south or south Texas environment (well, at least we can only assume so, since he hasn't felt comfortable enough to even post his location, after all this time).
If I was to guess, I would say tape is from the Nebraska Sandhills.

Arnold Ziffle":2v7hod2n said:
Hey tape, in the interest of cattle science, how about rounding up some really good, representative Herefords and Angus, say from the big name outfits in Nebraska, Montana, Alberta, etc. and then pasture them for 4 or 5 years down in the pear flats of south Texas or the swamps of Louisiana. Then, after those few years let's compare them, and their offspring (and the cash profits or losses therefrom) to their northern "home place" brethren. Hell, you might prove to all of us idiot Southerners & Texans that there is absolutely no need for any Brahman influence down here after all, and the cattle industry will be the better for it!

I think it has been and is still being proven by cattlemen all the time that Hereford and even Angus cattle CAN and do thrive in the south and in Texas. You can argue that there is an advantage in having some Brahman blood in cattle down here and I won't argue with you; but I don't think there should be any doubt whatsoever that Hereford cattle can make it in that environment and without adding the floppy ears. Texas leads the nation in Hereford registrations.

la4angus":nxwwxapn said:
Arnold Ziffle":nxwwxapn said:
but then he doesn't raise cattle in the deep south or south Texas environment (well, at least we can only assume so, since he hasn't felt comfortable enough to even post his location, after all this time).
Now La, your not suggesting that Tape is working for BlackPowder now are ya?

dun":4m6to6bi said:
D.R. Cattle":4m6to6bi said:

No dog in this fight

dun

Good call Dun. I think us Midwesterners should stay out of this one since Tape didn't call us out. :lol:

This has been an interesting and entertaining thread though.

El_Putzo":2zusribu said:
dun":2zusribu said:
D.R. Cattle":2zusribu said:

No dog in this fight

dun

Good call Dun. I think us Midwesterners should stay out of this one since Tape didn't call us out. :lol:

Does that include me?

El Putzo is right, it has been entertaining.

Muratic":2taaaysq said:
Now La, your not suggesting that Tape is working for BlackPowder now are ya?[/quote]Tape and Black Power are to different for Tape to be working for Black Power.
Tape believes what he says. Black Power is Tapes avatar.

Wowee!! I leave you gusy alone for a few days and now i cant even keep up!! Sorry I havent been back...for you that thought I was scared your wrong...Ive run into scarier stuff going to the horse barn ever morning than I do here. LOL I wished i had more time to really check everthing out good and reply to all of you but itll have to wait until I have more time and feel more like it

I really want to read that posting some more that the texas jersy cow put up there...all I felt like doing was scanning over it quick. That 15 yeare old mess from the Deseret was sad..I think the Deseret is a better outfit thatn that now...most of the big Florida outfits are. But in that study NONE of em grade choice even tho they all had to much fat?? If you think that proves something about good cattle for you you dont know squat about feeding cattle...whose side are you on anyhow jersy cow?? Mine?? Thanks but i dont need your help!! LOL

Ill try to get back when I have more time..you guys know I cant be here ever day like some of you are..and I wouldnt be here now ifI could sleep. LOL Im fixing to punch up the fire some more and try again tho..all you good folk take care and stay warm

Campground Cattle":1eo6p980 said:
ALACOWMAN":1eo6p980 said:
WORANCH":1eo6p980 said:
IMG0260.jpg

Tape I see alot of cattle like this down south . Do you like her ?
Who's cow is this :?:

Tape you think this girl beats these southern gals ROFLMAO
oct1.jpg
[/img]
I just had to say one more thing real quick before I go to take up for my little cow.Yes thats my cow and Im not ashamed of her either..lot of you liked her when I posted it. I could have taken her out of my picturbucket album if i didnt want any of you to see her but I left her anyhow...see Im way ahead of you guys...I figured somebody would get her back up here to pick on. LOL
Efficent consistant and uniform is what they are when youve got enough of em...and the right angus bulls get calves that bring more just in carcass and cab premiiums than most of you make per head on your cattle so Im always a buyer for more jsut like her...but only in load lots

I know my picture taking isnt as good as yours Campground cattle company...good pictures always make cows look better I guess. Ill take my little cow over yours any day tho...my little cows out there hustling for her living...I call that efficent. Your PET cows should look good...theyve got their snouts down in the green grass eating cake dont they?? All that grass and still got leaves on the trees and youre feeding cake to a bunch of pet cows. I thought you tokld me you werent a hobby guy?? I bet you ride out there on your stick horse and play cowboy to dont you?? Just teasing you Campground cattle company. LOL Whose rolling on the floor now hotshot??

Tape, in defense of Camp I have had to put out cubes ANY time I wanted photos of a group of cows. Getting one, two, or three together is easy; but 30 are usually scattered over 5-10 acres unless they are laying down in a thicket (not usually a good shot) or have their head in a hay ring in winter. That said, there are lots of reasons to supplement cows, such as increasing conception rate, extra finish going into winter, etc. Heck I supplemented my donkies with whole corn this summer NOT because they needed it or forage was low; but so I didn't get another stupid phone call from the neighbor dude about donkies in his corn field. I would rather pay Wal-Mart $20 (a $4 sack a month) than start calculating bushels trampled.

Well Tape you are right I can saddle up my stick horse which doesn't eat anything, take a bucket of cubes holler come on girls. Now everyone walks in the lot I cut out the ones going to sale without running pounds off em. There is enough shrinkage already seem efficient to me.

Second I must have got it wrong I thought the idea was to grow green grass to feed the cows. Just a dumb old Southern boy anxiously waiting on my next northern lesson.

Latest posts