How's it looking ... Weatherwise

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I thought we were going to run into another drought. Still might but my hopes are high as we have had rain four days running. No flooding just good steady drizzles. Supposed to continue to rain through the holiday. No complaints here. What about the rest of ya'll?

We're supposed to have thunderstorms this weekend, all through the week and the next weekend. The rain we got today was just a light shower that probably lasted about 15 minutes. if the rest of the week is like that then I'm okay with it :nod:

Had some thunder heads building to the south of us, but nothing came this way. Suppose to have storms tomorrow.
Got in the mid 70's. Got a mild sunburn.
We could stand a little rain right now.

Been pretty good weather here for about a week, we've been cool and wet here, just now drying out a little. We're aboiut three weeks late planting corn, but we've made a lot of progress the last couple of days. Like Just a girl said calling for rain all week and we don't need that.

Larry

If we didn't need rain so bad, the weather would be beautiful. Low humidity, the wind has finally calmed down the past several days. Yesterday was cloudy and the temperature barely made it to 80.

Rainfall - 1/10th for May. None so far out of this setup.

I don;t think weather"wise" is the correct tem. Should be weather"stupid". Seems like that's what most of the weather liars are.

Dun, maybe you need to sell your cows and travel around with your baler and mower to the drought stricken areas and charge a rainmaker fee. I know a certain fella in Texas that would probably pay dearly for your expertise. Pretty sure he would put you up for the summer and treat you like a deity or something.

we got into some good rain going to town yesterday.my bro called an said it rained at his house a few mins.but it didnt rain here.an he is just behind us on the big hay meadow.

Just like last year, we've had a very wet spring. Lots of flooding, and bean and corn planting is running way behind. Most of what little has been planted has been flooded out and will have to be replanted.

The past few days, however, have been dry and the farmers are out in full force. The wife works for a farm services company so when they're busy, she's busy. She's been working 12-13 hours a day since Wed and left for work at 5 this morning. Don't expect her back till 6 or 7 tonight. Supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe she'll get a break.

I complain about the weather like most everyone else, but I shouldn't. Sure, I might pay higher prices for food because of it, and it affects the heating and cooling bills, but my livelihood doesn't depend on it like with a lot of other people. Hope everyone gets the weather they need to keep going.

Put fert out on Thursday trying to beat the rain and that night "they" said gully washing 2-4 inch thunderstorms on the way. Thought, "great, I fertilized the ditches". Ended up being two days of nice soakers with lots of sunshine off and on in between.
Started thinking what could I possibly have done right to get such luck.
Asked my wife what it may have been.

Still wondering.

Jo you need to have mnmt go down there. Every time he shows up around here it rains or snows.
Just checked the radar and it is raining to the west of us, but it is suppose to come this way. Very humid this morning.

I've got the same weather that you've had Jo. It's nice to see this rain. Should be ready to start cutting hay in a couple of weeks after this rain stops.

grannysoo":1ztay6ig said:
I've got the same weather that you've had Jo. It's nice to see this rain. Should be ready to start cutting hay in a couple of weeks after this rain stops.

Have you put out any fertilizer yet? I haven't. Was afraid we were heading for another drought but now its going to be a few days before I can even get in the fields.

Jogeephus":350cailu said:
grannysoo":350cailu said:

Have you put out any fertilizer yet? I haven't. Was afraid we were heading for another drought but now its going to be a few days before I can even get in the fields.

No fertilize yet, but we did spray some liquid nitrogen and grazon. After this cutting, we'll probably come back in with the full fertilize program. June normally starts the rainy season, so I'm pretty comfortable going in with fertilize after this cutting.

Righ now I am watching a line of red-purple thundrerstorms that extend from Milam county down to Washington county (the entire length of the county) probably about 5 mile wide, split and go around

Moses split the Red Sea and struck a rock to get water. I'm beginning to believe even he couldn't get it to rain here. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah I'm officially PI*SED.

I'd feel that way too. I don't know if my nerves could take another bad year like the last ones. Deep down I feel guilty for feeling this way but I'm glad its you and not me. Sorry for feeling that way. Guess that means I'm going to hades for being a bad person. But I hope you know if I could do anything to bring you rain I would. Even if it meant trees on your fences.

Latest posts