How would you describe yourself ?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Back in 1938 the term originated ( You can take a boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy) so with that thought, no matter what your present occupation, city worker or country worker and have an interest in agriculture , how would you describe yourself in one word, for instance , country boy, city boy, nerd, geek, redneck, cowboy or any other term that you think would describe you.

One word description for me would be ( cowboy) because I was raised with cowboy heroes like Gene Autry whose cowboy code I have always tried to live by:

Cowboy Code :
1. The cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man or take unfair advantage.
2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.
3. He must always tell the truth.
4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.
5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerent ideas.
6. He must help people in distress.
7. He must keep himself clean in thought , speech, action, and personal habits.
8. He must be a good worker.
9. He must respect women, parents, and the nations laws
10. The cowboy is a patriot.

a cowboy that don't shoot first wont be a cowboy long, plus a little man is subject to kick your ass,, and yes i found out the hard way :p ,,,, i guess ill have too go with southern man too much red tape in your cowboy codes :cowboy:

I can agree with 8 of those.

A man of his word is still pretty important in my book.

My thoughts are my own and my thoughts on PETA and some other things don't fit that mold. I surmise PETA and these other things didn't exist back in 1938.

I agree with alacattleman. The only way you get to shoot 2nd is if the guy that shoots 1st misses. I'm not taking chances on the bad guy being a dead-eye-dick or even a bad girl being an Annie Oakley. I guess this works only in old balck and white westerns where you knew the bad guys by the color of their hat.

I guess John Wayne wasn't much of a real cowboy. He messed up allot of small guys in The Sands of Iwo Jima and The Green Berets etc.. :cboy:

I would have to say I am just a good ol' country boy with some southern boy and redneck sprinkled in for flavor. :lol:

i can tell you that number 2 means nothing in todays business society.
i learned that the hard way and they can't understand why someone would have a low opinion of them just because they can, will and do change their mind if it benefits them.
i can also tell you it makes your life very difficult if you represent a company like this and you give your word(quote) based on what you have been told(price quote) and they renege on it.

mountain man best describes me because id rather be on the backside of some big ranch.working an living alone.only seeing people once every 3 or 4 months.

Not sure how I'd describe myself, but according to my "friends" it would be a$$hole.

Ryder":zdob13v1 said:
Confederate. (Unreconstructed)
O' im just a good ol rebel, now thats just what i am~~~~for the yankee nation i just dont give a dam--glad we fought aginn her i only wished we'd won,, i aint ask any pardon for any thing i done ;-)

I can probably best be described as "imperfect". My wife reminds me of that regularly. But I keep trying.

Jim

I can't have two words? I'd say Country Geek. The two are not exclusive of one another of one another.

My other one word description would be ( aggiator) because I like to say,do or throw things out there to aggiate or get peoples reaction. If you want to start a conversation with the majority of people just start talking negative about a subject and get real worked up about it then wait for their response, and it won't be long till they are all upset and I'll be grinning to myself.

cowboy43, are you from Tenn??? :lol2:

ps. and good to see YOU back on the boards Lammie.... had more than a few people missing you on here! :nod:

LazyARanch":2qtk6663 said:
cowboy43, are you from Tenn??? :lol2:
ps. and good to see YOU back on the boards Lammie.... had more than a few people missing you on here! :nod:
LAR ~ You skipped the question, and I was looking forward to seeing how you would summarize yourself given one word.
Sooooooo..... (?)