How to stop a cow from jumping over a fence

Help Support CattleToday:

I know this is an older thread, and has taken a change in direction by discussing the bull that can't catch or load, and hiring cowboys to catch him......but wanted to add.....on the subject of catching a stray and loading it.....

A few years ago there was a rangy stray bull that hopped in to my pasture. I found the owner due to his brand. That bull could really jump and he was a wild one. He looked like athletic crossbred rodeo stock and he had horns.

Owner shows up with a trailer and 2 dogs. He parked the trailer in the middle of the pasture and opened the trailer gate. I'm thinking yah right this is not going to work out in the middle of the wide open pasture. He told the dogs to get him and those dogs penned that bull in the trailer in about 3 minutes. And he was gone.

LauraleesFarm":1h78p5c3 said:
He told the dogs to get him and those dogs penned that bull in the trailer in about 3 minutes. And he was gone.

Good dogs are a wonder.
Cowboying can be fun.
But in dairy country we tend to use a .22 or a 30 cal before we load them. A little lead and a winch really make it easy.

Latest posts