how to raise cattle??

Help Support CattleToday:

read this forum, sit back and listen to these folks. You can learn alot right here.

You must first have adequate land, forage, fencing, shelter, facilities for loading and vaccinations, resources to purchase your seedstock, etc. Choose a breed that is docile and easy to work with. Don't waste money on inferior cattle, but find the best deal on the best cattle that you can find. Look for length, thickness, depth of body, not sway-backed or humpbacked but a level topline. Cows should be wide across the pelvic area, and have udders that have adequate capacity for milk without being pendulous or balloon teated. Research their background for birth weight and calving ease information. (You are more likely to find this available on registered stock) They should have some capacity in the gut for forage, and adequate muscling. Bulls with more scrotal circumference are more fertile, and sire daughters that mature earlier. In my opinion, Dun, Txag, Certherfbeef, Campground, and my "neighbor" Fellarsbarnone, among others, have posted pictures that feature the traits I have tried to describe. Good luck! :)

Latest posts