How to make the perfect tomato sandwich

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Just wondering how ya'll make yours. Got tomatoes coming in out my ears. Had mater sandwich for breakfast, two for lunch and two for supper. It don't get no better than this ..... or does it?

I make mine with two slices of Sunbeam bread, topped with Hellmans Real Mayo, salt, pepper and three slices of a softball sized tomato cut about a quarter inch thick.

BTW - don't go telling me this is bad for me like all the other things I like.

I absolutely love tomatoes and when its hot out I will eat them for a meal. When you get plenty of the ripe ones batter and fry some of the green ones, love them also.

I make mine with toasted Evangeline Maid bread,mayo, pepper and a couple slices of bacon.

You are sure enuf on the right track. You just left out a couple of key ingredients.

First a real good bread. I like sourdough sliced.

Second a "light layer of the best mayo you can find.

Third at least 1/2 in of sliced heirloom tomatoes with a few drops of balsamic glaze or a balsamic reduction.

Fourth a few basil leaves.

Fifth about a 1/4" silce of "Fresh" mozzarella cheese

Sixth several drops of Xtra Virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper.

Seventh and most important/that first bite of heaven.

Jogee....a big ole slice of b-o-l-o-g-n-a (wish it were still as good as it was 40 years ago) would be the crowning touch. :lol:

Two pieces white bread buttered (real butter) and two thick slices of tomato. Now I'm hungry.

I like... whole grain bread, "Helman's" mayonnaise, thick sliced home grown tomato, thin sliced white onion. salt & pepper. That's it... Super Fantastic!

I just eat them like an apple. No messing aorund with bread, mayo or anything other then maybe a little salt

dun":35pypmdl said:
I just eat them like an apple. No messing aorund with bread, mayo or anything other then maybe a little salt
Now you're talkin! Every time I get close to the garden I grab a handful of cherry tomatoes. Just wipe em off on my shirt tail and down em. If I am going to put tomatoes on a sandwich, it has to have Miracle Whip - none of that nasty mayo stuff! Takes me back to childhood - no tellin how many Miracle Whip smamiches we ate. Still have one every once in a while!

3way, I'd love to see a picture of your creation. You lost me at the balsmic reduction but I bet its a spectacular sandwich.

I think I've had tomatoes for every meal this week and I'm still not tired of them but I am going to have to try some of these different ideas.

Jogeephus":sip48cpj said:
3way, I'd love to see a picture of your creation. You lost me at the balsmic reduction but I bet its a spectacular sandwich.

I think I've had tomatoes for every meal this week and I'm still not tired of them but I am going to have to try some of these different ideas.

My biggest tomato is the size of a quarter and hard as a bullet it will be weeks before I pick anything. But when I do I will post a picture for ya.

Jo have you or anyone else every had a Fried Green Tomato Sandwich. Now no way does it replace a good ol ripe tomato sandwich with Bama Mayo, but it is one of those thing you much try before you die! :tiphat:

good ol' bama mayo and jelly,... raised on the stuff, do you still have any of the old jelly glass's for drinking sweet tea :cowboy:

It'll be August before I get tomatoes :( so everyone talking about them pains me. There is a coffee shop in town and the gal makes the best homemade bread, butter white, wheat, asaigo pepper, and tomato basil. They are so good! I gotta have Miracle Whip with my sammy. I like the tangy flavor with the mater. Don't get me wrong, I love mayo too, just not on that sammy. What's the diff between bama Mayo and regular mayo?

iowa hawkeyes":2kfdoj3g said:
It'll be August before I get tomatoes :( so everyone talking about them pains me. There is a coffee shop in town and the gal makes the best homemade bread, butter white, wheat, asaigo pepper, and tomato basil. They are so good! I gotta have Miracle Whip with my sammy. I like the tangy flavor with the mater. Don't get me wrong, I love mayo too, just not on that sammy. What's the diff between bama Mayo and regular mayo?
it was made for southern folk,,, you know the unhealthy good tasting stuff that will kill you :cowboy:

Latest posts