How to fix those crappy, new, non-vented gas cans.

Help Support CattleToday:

Be even better if they weren't in lots of 25. I have a lot of cans laying around, but not that many. I usually just drill a hole and plug with a golf tee. What I'd love to find is a reasonably priced replacement spout. Every one I've seen costs more than the original gas can. Though it's almost worth it, the way the POS "better" ones work. Or don't work.

4x4dually":2suxsyff said:
You can buy them in lots of 4 for less than $5.

Just look at the similar links at the bottom of the ebay page.

They do work great. The Rural King up here sells them in a kit with new nozzle and two different nuts to fit the different containers. Can catch the kit on sale for like $7 sometimes.. I use a screw on the ones i haven't converted yet. Couple great ideas on here too with the golf tee and tire valve..

Next time you need a new can buy one that says "water" on the side. You get a spout that works and the can is vented. You can even buy "racing" cans that operate really well.

I've never tried this, so I don't know.

Would it work to get a tubeless valve stem, drill the appropriate size hole in the can, and pop in the valve stem :idea: :?:

Take the valve core out permanently, and when you need to vent, take the cap off.

Flush any metal filings from the drilling out with some gas before you use the can.

Latest posts