How to determine the acreage of a field

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":2dufntx6 said:
TexasBred":2dufntx6 said:
EST....you need EST....Electric Shock Therapy.

Hold on now TB, he may have a point after all. LOL!
Sounds like back when he was 27, he had hold of 2 points..

Inyati--Pics--or it didn't happen.

I've always just walked it off. 30" in a man's normal step toe to heel. (or was it in a normal man's step? :) )

That's 2.5 feet per step.
2.5 x # of steps on the length=total feet in L
2.5 X # of steps on the width=total feet in W
Multiply the two together will give you total square ft unless it's really irregular.
Divide by 43,560 (# of sq ft in one acre)

Web soil survey tool - usda/nrcs. Great for soil maps, acreage calcs, and distance measurements.

chevytaHOE5674":2pq1c5r6 said:
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

"Now that was easy"

Thank you very much. Just saved me a ton of walking around.

TennesseeTuxedo":11i78bno said:
chevytaHOE5674":11i78bno said:
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

This is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for posting the link.

I agree I was looking all over my farm and it appears the pics of mine were taking last year or early this spring.

I like bing maps, birds eye view. You can see more detail as you draw out your lines. It figures the square feet for you as well.

inyati13":qh1ty7rc said:
When I am old and can no longer play with my cows or mow my pastures with my tractor. When my years are almost gone. Take all my assets and use my retirement to purchase for me a woman of any race or class to hold my head to her bosom during my last days on this good earth. Even when I can no longer walk the ridges with a faithful dog, I can lay my head between the two most precious appendages God ever made so that I may smell the scent of a woman's bosom when my fire at last is distinguished. Amen.

Where did you go to school inyati13 ? Years ago :banana: when I was hauling rodeo bulls out of Casper Wyoming back in the seventies and eighties ( and my Kentucky schooling was limited to going just one day in my brothers place) seems as though I remember a fire being extinguished :bs: when I put it out. So I did learn something that day. And the only thing that kept me from going to college, was high school. :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

inyati13":2rmpagvl said:
When I am old and can no longer play with my cows or mow my pastures with my tractor. When my years are almost gone. Take all my assets and use my retirement to purchase for me a woman of any race or class to hold my head to her bosom during my last days on this good earth. Even when I can no longer walk the ridges with a faithful dog, I can lay my head between the two most precious appendages God ever made so that I may smell the scent of a woman's bosom when my fire at last is distinguished. Amen.

She had big dark nipples that had to be an inch long. That is the kind of thing you can say, "that is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen."

This has to be the coolest thing I have ever read on this forum :cboy: :tiphat:

" She had big dark nipples that had to be an inch long. "

Now, if you were talking about a cow, this snip would be normal. But, this entire statement is TMI!!!!! :secret: :help: :shock:

That draft logic web page is pretty handy. I have been messing with it some today. Many of my pastures are not as big, as I thought they were. It's made me think that a little dozer work would really open my place up.

Bigfoot":2szmbh2k said:
That draft logic web page is pretty handy. I have been messing with it some today. Many of my pastures are not as big, as I thought they were. It's made me think that a little dozer work would really open my place up.

Me too. I like the tool a lot. Just wish it was an up to date snapshot. I know that the land doesn't change but the landmarks sure do. I found an illegal deer stand and feeder on our property about 1-1/2 years ago that I sawed down with a chainsaw. This map shows it to be still there even though I know it was gone 2 months ago.

Still a great tool.

Latest posts