how to calm down a hyper steer

Help Support CattleToday:

grr im sick of people talking about drugging cattle This is my opinion on the matter-

If you have a mad cow, shoot it. You dont want that animal passing on those genetics. If you have a steer you want to show that is hyper or nutty, that animal is going to get SOOOOO stressed at the show the meat is going to be tough and theyre gonna lose weight.

But what frustrates me the most is people blaming animals for THEYRE mistakes. I went off at a girl the other day because she was in a yard with a BROKEN IN bull who (as we know is a sign of submission usually) and she hit it in the face with a peice of poly pipe. Its THESE head shy animals i get given to 'fix'. People just take time with your animals and 95% of the time they will come good.

sorry, bit of steam let off there. I'm just sick of having to retrain animals. :mad:

most people say that some wont calm down but there is always a way to calm a calf down...first tie him up for 3 days, head up. go out and pet him every hour...he will get use to your touch and then when he stops jumping when you go near him then start letting his head down a lil at a time. if this does not work then email me and i will tell you many other methads ... as you can tell i dont like to drug them.

Latest posts