how to bag

Help Support CattleToday:

maybe he means like puchin ..maybe a heavy bag or something

lafter after more thought,confusion set in and the drinkin began. those who knew ..knew best to move on

I wonder if it means checking to see if a calf is castrated yet. I call it "Bagging"-don't know if that is what is meant in this case.
It involves getting a little personal with the poor calf. Kinda like Croc. Dundee checked to see if the girl he was with-was really a girl.

angie2":re1vjkjc said:
I've heard of sacking a horse (bad practice!). I was wondering if that is what he meant....

I know how to sack a QB but I don't think trying to sack a full grown horse is very wise. JMO

tncattle":2s1iqs6n said:
angie2":2s1iqs6n said:
I've heard of sacking a horse (bad practice!). I was wondering if that is what he meant....

I know how to sack a QB but I don't think trying to sack a full grown horse is very wise. JMO
Nah ~ its not. I tried it. Once.....

angie2":3rf6danz said:
tncattle":3rf6danz said:
angie2":3rf6danz said:

Nah ~ its not. I tried it. Once.....

Back when we bred horses we sacked them a good deal when we were gentleing and breaking them.

Quite a few people sack horses I think. I just don't agree with it. What works for one..... We had quarter horses, and didn't need to do that to get them desensitized or gentled.

dieselbeef":366s6bwk said:
maybe he means like puchin ..maybe a heavy bag or something

lafter after more thought,confusion set in and the drinkin began. those who knew ..knew best to move on
everytime I read this it makes me laugh......

iafarmer07, if you are still on the boards (and I would not blame you if you wern't) like the others I do not know what you mean by "bag" however unlike the others, I don't have a smarta$$ answer just because I don,t know. If you joind the boards to learn, and I'm shure you did, I'm sorry you wasted your time. Search the web and you will find a forum with people that will help you, or stay out of it.
Good luck,
D.R.

I don't see anything wrong with these answers. No one was nasty or ridiculing - just having fun with a question that no-one knew what the poster was asking.
Lighten up. Relax - have fun.
If new poster is too sensitive, he/she will never learn anything.

iafarmer07 - if you haven't figured out - we don't have a clue as to what you mean, and we are having fun at your expense. You will have to go back to the people you have heard them say it - or do you think you read it here on the boards???

Dusty Roads":jciry0tc said:
iafarmer07, if you are still on the boards (and I would not blame you if you wern't) like the others I do not know what you mean by "bag" however unlike the others, I don't have a smarta$$ answer just because I don,t know. If you joind the boards to learn, and I'm shure you did, I'm sorry you wasted your time. Search the web and you will find a forum with people that will help you, or stay out of it.
Good luck,
D.R.

you must lead amiserable life lacking all humor....geez lighten up..its all fun

dieselbeef":4idwitfv said:
Dusty Roads":4idwitfv said:
Good luck,
D.R.

you must lead amiserable life lacking all humor....geez lighten up..its all fun

Nah! ain't been nothing said on this thread that should offend anyone. :D

im not offended in any way...i did not find anything out really, but no blame to any of you. i guess i dont really know what i was looking for or how i was gonna find it. i just thought i would try to see if any of you guys knew what i was looking for meant. no harm done. thanks for the help, and i plan to stay on the boards.

I love this forum not only because there are so many experienced ranchers responding, but also there is so much fun reading the messages. I laughed non-stop reading this thread :lol2: . It's the knowledge and fun that keep me coming back.

Thanks
Pauline

iafarmer07":3stbl02g said:
im not offended in any way...i did not find anything out really, but no blame to any of you. i guess i dont really know what i was looking for or how i was gonna find it. i just thought i would try to see if any of you guys knew what i was looking for meant. no harm done. thanks for the help, and i plan to stay on the boards.

Go back and read your original post. That's why everyone is smiling. You can't "bag" a steer as it has not bag of any kind...... But a 30.06 will bag just about anything within a half mile. :roll:

pauline":2ox832nu said:
I love this forum not only because there are so many experienced ranchers responding, but also there is so much fun reading the messages. I laughed non-stop reading this thread :lol2: . It's the knowledge and fun that keep me coming back.

Thanks
Pauline

Very well put!!!!!!! :banana:

ALX.":1tgmcmw9 said:
I have seen discussions on the board about folks assessing steers by their cods. Could this be referred to as bagging?

I think that you are correct. A knife cut or clamped steer will have a well filled ''bag'' when they are well finished. The scrotal skin is only discarded when a bander is used. Some of the oldtimers would not buy these calves because it was harder to estimate there finish. Had an uncle that always said to check there brisket and bag to see if they were fat enough!

well i sure do appreciate everyone trying to help...i guess i dont really know what im talking about...and thats y i was asking...i was watching a few ranchers work some feedlots steers and mentioned something of bagging the steer....i just figured that it meant checking to make sure that it had been castrated...but i dont know, thanks...

Latest posts