How long is your Deer Hunting Season ?

Help Support CattleToday:

ROCKSPRINGS

Reaction score
Here in Texas it starts Nov.3rd and ends the first weekend in Jan/08. In most counties there is also an extended season for most of Jan. for does and spikes. It differs about two weeks in the south zone because the deer go into rut later down there. On the average, most counties will allow you to harvest two bucks and two or three does. Archery is all of October before the firearm season.

There is two Turkey seasons, fall and spring. You may harvest Gobblers in the spring and Hens or Gobblers in the fall for a total of four........

And all the HOGS you want any time of the year, day or night.

Gun season in Alabama starts on Nov 17 and goes thru Jan 31. -75 days.

Bow season started Oct 13.

Have gone to a limit on the number of bucks that can be killed this year but can still shoot a doe each day of the season.

Used to be able to kill a buck and a doe each day.

I will prolly start the season early this year. I just saw some deer tracks in my turnip patch. :lol:

in Nebraska bow has already started. rifle starts the 10th of november and lasts one week. muzzleloader is december 1st thru 31st. you can get one of either sex i think.

turkey is in spring and fall. i think the numbers of permits is unlimited.

MikeC":2q1bhe89 said:

Have gone to a limit on the number of bucks that can be killed this year but can still shoot a doe each day of the season.

I will prolly start the season early this year. I just saw some deer tracks in my turnip patch. :lol:

I'm not a hunter (my dad is) and neither is hubby but that kill a day, is that on your own ground? Do you even eat beef with all that venison around? :D

iowahawkeyes":2gatgie5 said:
MikeC":2gatgie5 said:

I'm not a hunter (my dad is) and neither is hubby but that kill a day, is that on your own ground? Do you even eat beef with all that venison around? :D

That's anywhere in the state you have permission to hunt.

I eat venison every now and then.

Would start my own "CAV" label if it was legal to sell it. :lol:

In Kansas I believe rifle is 10 days starting Nov 28th. I have heard that we always have ours late so the big bucks can breed their genetics before they get shot. I bowhunt, which started Oct 1. Have to do that before all the out of staters get here for rifle.

KS Cattle":mayctgoz said:
In Kansas I believe rifle is 10 days starting Nov 28th. I have heard that we always have ours late so the big bucks can breed their genetics before they get shot. I bowhunt, which started Oct 1. Have to do that before all the out of staters get here for rifle.

but you want to hunt during the rut, right? atleast thats what i always went by.

and what big bucks?? :lol: :p

Here in Alabama -

Bow season opened 10/13

Gun seanson always opens the Saturday b4 Thanksgiving and closes at the end of Janruary.

In MN the bow season opens 2nd Sat in Sept and runs through late Dec? Gun season most areas is 1st Sat in Nov and runs for 9 days.
A early antler less gun season was last weekend in the Northwest part of the state. Seasons vary some from region to region.

In Montana deer opened 3rd Sunday in Oct and ends the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Louisiana....Bow opens on Sept 15 in some places and goes until Feb 15 in some places. Mostly Oct 1 to Jan 31 though. Gun season here opened yesterday for most of the state ( I got a doe by the way) and closes 3rd week of Jan., with a week of blackpowder before and a week after. I Killed another one last week with my smokepole.

cattleluvr18":hwcpwbqp said:
KS Cattle":hwcpwbqp said:

but you want to hunt during the rut, right? atleast thats what i always went by.

and what big bucks?? :lol: :p

The state decides when we hunt. And I bowhunt, which is during the rut. Don't really care about those rilfe boys. And we got big bucks. We also have a pretty big football team, which you will find out about on Saturday!