How long is too long?

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle":3j0zwmtu said:
Ok, I've had a bit of a rough day, so what i am going to say is so going to be rough around the edges...Apology up front!

If your gonna have cows....GET A WORKING FACILITY....does not have to cost an arm and a leg! You don't need to be a commercial producer to have some sort of penning.
For those who say it costs to much, you can buy 4-5 panels, some posts and a head gate. Get a rope and a few other things..and volia the ability to run the cow up and save the calf.
Dead calf don't pay for much...

again, my apologies for the bluntness.

sorry to hear about the loss of the calf

Save your breath Rockridge. You're up against testosterone, and you won't win.

??

Is that a general statement, or directed at the posters on this thread?

rr is entirely right. And reality is that sometimes the cow can't be got there, or is better dealt with where she is.

msscamp":5z4m8rgo said:
rockridgecattle":5z4m8rgo said:
Ok, I've had a bit of a rough day, so what i am going to say is so going to be rough around the edges...Apology up front!

If your gonna have cows....GET A WORKING FACILITY....does not have to cost an arm and a leg! You don't need to be a commercial producer to have some sort of penning.
For those who say it costs to much, you can buy 4-5 panels, some posts and a head gate. Get a rope and a few other things..and volia the ability to run the cow up and save the calf.

Sooooooooo in the future we are to refer to Estrogen as the "Thinking Womans, hormone"? Those of us who have lived thru a "menapause " might want to differ. :cowboy:

That knife cuts both ways. Believe me :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :bang:

3waycross":1muy3fyq said:
msscamp":1muy3fyq said:
rockridgecattle":1muy3fyq said:

Sooooooooo in the future we are to refer to Estrogen as the "Thinking Womans, hormone"? Those of us who have lived thru a "menapause " might want to differ. :cowboy:

That knife cuts both ways. Believe me :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :bang:

:lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: not to mention i have met a women or 2 if ya did show them they were wrong he77 if you weren't in more trouble than before ya proved it.

I hope one day you posters come to realise that if you interfere and save a calf you are not doing yourself or anybody else a favour.
This is just one example of some poor sod along the line coping the problem.

The calf will go on to breed more cows that need to be helped . And so on and so on . At some point we are not going to be around to help them through birth and the calf, and perhaps the cow as well, will die.

There is only one answer and its painful . Stop helping and let nature take its course .
It does not matter if its a Stud Prize Greeneyed Gooyey or a broken down dairy ten year old .

When there is no one around to help then , if you don't stop this interference now , almost every cow in the world will die out , there will be so many cows that need assistance.

Oh and an old girlfriend used to say " Its too long if it hurts like sh**"

tytower":19itktcg said:
I hope one day you posters come to realise that if you interfere and save a calf you are not doing yourself or anybody else a favour.

The calf will go on to breed more cows that need to be helped . And so on and so on . At some point we are not going to be around to help them through birth and the calf, and perhaps the cow as well, will die.

There is only one answer and its painful . Stop helping and let nature take its course .
It does not matter if its a Stud Prize Greeneyed Gooyey or a broken down dairy ten year old .

When there is no one around to help then , if you don't stop this interference now , almost every cow in the world will die out , there will be so many cows that need assistance.

Taken in it's entirety or even one line at a time you may have just succeded in making one of the most incredibly stupid posts in the history of this forum. :shock:

Are you an actual moron or do you just play one on the internet?

Please explain for those of us who are not nearly as astute as you why anyone would want to let a calf die that is worth $250 to $300 the minute it takes it's first breath of air and or a cow who is currently worth $.75 a lb for slaughter.

As for your ex girlfriend I would bet big money that she didn't mean your IQ ;-)

I do not think it is silly to help a cow that has a calf that is presented incorrectly. That is not inherited.

Neither is it inherited if the mother has been fed up too much at the wrong time before birth. So might need help pulling out that calf.

tytower":1q6obzzt said:

WOW if i am understanding this and your last post about bight the bullet right i would like to know how you figure. just how ya figure anything at all honestly. i mean it anything i have heard some stupid be nice in my life but this one got to take the cake. anyone that will not help pull a calf no matter what and says let her die is well get a different job. in my area we say pull the calf. help them out someway. if they are a problem animal sell them for slaughter. you least get money for them now and ya aint breeding problem cows. or do you not believe in culling over there and say heck with it nature will cull for me cause it saves me the money and time of having to do it myself. i dont know about you but my time isnt worth so much that giving a cow some help so i could sell her later on isnt worth it. by the way do you feed anything or are your cattle on a year round graze only program no vaccines bulls out all year long all you have to do is sort them calves and sell them. cause if not why not try that out cause if ya want mother nature to take the course than why not let her.

Latest posts