How do you market your calves

• Stockyard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Direct to a Oder Buyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Auburn_Ag

Reaction score
I just was wondering how many of you group your calves and sell them to a reputable order buyer. Not a pen hooker, but lets just say a buyer that buy 75% to 80% of the calves that go through your local stockyard, or is it better to sale your claves in groups a the stockyard? I have my own ideas, i just wanted to hear some people with more experience,

ok let me back up and punt.

do you find it more profitable to group your calves and contact a order buyer to sell them to off the farm, or do you find it is just as best to sell them at the stockyard and let the buyer get them there. I know there are a few factors to consider but all in all thats my question.

i hope that clears it up.

Auburn_Ag":1w67jidb said:
ok let me back up and punt.

do you find it more profitable to group your calves and contact a order buyer to sell them to off the farm, or do you find it is just as best to sell them at the stockyard and let the buyer get them there. I know there are a few factors to consider but all in all thats my question.

i hope that clears it up.
there's a buyer in our area you probably know him to... that has a family owned feedlot in kansas. most guy's around here sell off the farm too. they SAY they get market price on em no commision no trucking fee's.

wean them on the trailer.an send them to the sale barn.no one around here buys off the farm.

we sell ours through the Georgia Beef Challenge. we retain ownership as well as get carcass data on each animal.

Latest posts