How do Ya'll do it

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I am a Sissy and admit it to the world when it comes to cold.
Got a couple of neighbors sick with a real nasty virsus going round.
Went put out my hay and one other neighbors on my tractor(cab model)
The other neighbors is about 10 miles around by road so I used his non cab model.
It has been 35 to 37 here all day and raining I have dang near froze to death.
hats off to you people that live where it gets bad cold, I ready for it to hit a 100.

As much of a woosie as I am I would have driven my cab tractor. Below 80 I slow down, below 60 I barely get started. In the desert folks used to laugh at me cause early in the morning I'ld be glued to the east wall along with the other lizards soaking in some heat.

I am a wimp about the cold, too. Hate getting into that cold bed at night, especially when the spouse is gone. I find myself going to bed earlier and earlier. Seems like about the time you get the bed warm it is time to get up.

I can take a little cold,it's the cold and wind that I don't care for and if I get wet when it's like that I'm done. Guess I froze my hands and feet one to many times when I was a kid growing up in northern Illinois.

theres no need in feeling bad.people cant take the heat or the cold all the time.an theres nothing wrong with the comfort of a cab tractor.we was 1 of the 1st daiories to get a cab tractor.was a start move when you spend alot of time on a tractor.

When it get winter time I get to thinking history may not have been told correctly about the civil war. The yanks were just tougher than us rebs if they can survive that bitter cold.

I don't want to be a cry baby but its not just the cold and snow, its that it last so long. It started about the middle of Nov. and don't expect much warmth until the middle of April. I already have cabin fever. :(

I've found (just recently) I have to use the vent air in our tractor with a cab down into the 30's if the sun is shining.

I wear gloves, insulated coveralls and a coat at the other place on the open cab under the same conditions.

Clothes and more clothes. It got below 0 F last night, some places were below -40 with the wind chill. You put on lots of clothes, a hood, scarf if necessary (below zero and a wind it is). Warm boots, gloves. Then spend as little time as possible outside. This is the first year we have had a heated cab to get into. Got a truck, with a bale handler. Before that it was a tractor, with a cab, but the heater didn't work. Have to say the truck is pretty nice.

I think the older I get the worse I take the heat. I think it's just a difference in people, my wife is cold almost year round. I don't complain much untill it gets below zero. As long as I can move around a little I don't get cold. My dad is 73 and his hands get cold, I'll trade gloves with him every few minutes in the bitter cold and I can feel how cold his gloves are in the fingers. Everybody is wound just a little different.

Larry

I hate cold. I know I'll catch some flack from some but I'm a short britches T shirt kind of guy.

I am one that can not take the cold. I don't know how people deal with it up north. Although,I promised not to fuss about the cold weather,because I much rather deal with the cold. Than deal with 100 plus degree days.
If it is just cold I do pretty good,but when the rain starts I'm done.

The good thing about cold weather is.....You can always put more clothes on!!! :wave:

The bad thing about hot is....You can't go less than naked. :tiphat:

hrbelgians":2pk8sx86 said:
The good thing about cold weather is.....You can always put more clothes on!!!

That's a fallacy! There are times there aren;t enough clothes even if you steral them from someone else to wear over yours.
A year in Iceland taught me that.

Allright enough already they are predicting a chance of snow and sleet today. It's time to get back to our winter about 40 at night and 70 during the day.
Calf Rope I give.

Caustic Burno":rywarn1i said:
Allright enough already they predicting a chance of snow and sleet today. It's time to get back to our winter about 40 at night and 70 during the day.
Calf Rope I give.

Maybe being abnormally low for precip is a good thing in the winter. No snow that you could tell at all this winter. The normal snow for Jan here is 6 1/2 inches.

Insulated bid coverals, snow pak boots, rabbit fur hat (Like Elmer Fudd), insulated gloves and a scarf.
If you caught a cold, hot chicken noodle soup and add about 2 dashes of ginger to it. Makes you sweat. I always seem to get over it quicker if I do that.

right now its 1F and a -11F windchill. with a fresh 6 inches of snow on the ground. an ya'll are complainin?! :roll: :p . CB ill take your 30 degree weather anyday. i like the heat much better. just because i HATE having to wear gloves and a stocking cap. thats why i usually dont. all stupid gloves do is get in the way :mad:

is it supposed to stay cold like that or are you just goin through a little 'cold' spell?

Latest posts