How 'bout them Astros?

Help Support CattleToday:

Isn't odd how none of the success of the Texas Rangers was attributed to Nolan Ryan.
Now look at the Astro's after be joined the organization.
He must be really lucky and join in at the right time. ;-)

...and they just scored 3 in the first inning at Boston. The announcers said the game isn't even sold out, so it sounds like the Sox fans have already given up.

Cross-7":3o9akhil said:
Isn't odd how none of the success of the Texas Rangers was attributed to Nolan Ryan.
Now look at the Astro's after be joined the organization.
He must be really lucky and join in at the right time. ;-)
It helps if your son is the president of the club.

Rafter S":2j6ep2we said:
...and they just scored 3 in the first inning at Boston. The announcers said the game isn't even sold out, so it sounds like the Sox fans have already given up.
Last I saw, that's all the runs Houston scored too. Sox were trouncing them in the 7th 7-3. :(

greybeard":3kbhpket said:
Rafter S":3kbhpket said:
Last I saw, that's all the runs Houston scored too. Sox were trouncing them in the 7th 7-3. :(

It got worse. Hopefully they'll do better tomorrow.

Rafter S":9f1i45qf said:
greybeard":9f1i45qf said:
Rafter S":9f1i45qf said:

It got worse. Hopefully they'll do better tomorrow.

...and they did.

A good win for them and they move on to the next round.
Bad news for the Texans tho..lost JJ Watts and Mercilus for the season.

TexasBred":drhg3mrt said:
I'm a Texas Rangers fan but gotta love how the Astros have put it all together. Hope they win it all.
:lol: seems if your a rangers fan you always have the need of a backup plan..... :D

1982vett":2myghkvy said:
TexasBred":2myghkvy said:
I'm a Texas Rangers fan but gotta love how the Astros have put it all together. Hope they win it all.
:lol: seems if your a rangers fan you always have the need of a backup plan..... :D
True dat but won't bale out on them. Hopefully they'll win it all someday.

Cubs, Cubs, Cubs, cubbies!!!
Only to save face, as I went out on a limb last year and called them a Lead Pipe Cinch to go back to back.
They've been pretty disappointing in the regular season this year.... but hope is still alive.

Current World Series Odds
Dodgers 1.95 - 1
Astros 2.25 - 1
Yankees 3.75 - 1
cubbies 3.75 - 1

Up 2 games to none against the Yankees. The Astros did everything right, from pitching to fielding to hitting. And maybe got a little lucky.

Pitching was great, but I was worried about them for awhile there and Altuve was dang lucky to get past the tag at homeplate.

I was worried about Verlander going back out in the 9th. I thought he wasn't as sharp as he had been earlier in the game, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Latest posts