Horse Stall

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
I am trying to help my brother determine the value of his 12 x 12 alum with poly sides horse stall. It is in good condition, only used it for about 6 months and has sat in his barn for 10 years. I can't find what brand it is and my searches on line do not come up with one that looks like it.
Any ideas here?

CKC1586":2le3n0a7 said:
I am trying to help my brother determine the value of his 12 x 12 alum with poly sides horse stall. It is in good condition, only used it for about 6 months and has sat in his barn for 10 years. I can't find what brand it is and my searches on line do not come up with one that looks like it.
Any ideas here?

If it's a "pre-fab off the shelf stall"...well good luck on finding the price on a 10 yo one.

Otherwise,

Get total length of all the structure's posts, purlins, rails, etc. Get total length of all of the poly material. Go to a materials supplier that sells the post/framework aluminum material and poly material. Calculate the price. Add about 10% for nails, screws, etc. If posts set in concrete, add price for couple of bags of concrete mix for each post.

Then, to the above total, double the price to arrive at approx. Materials + Labor cost. Then, probably use a simple depreciation schedule to arrive at the "current" market value of the stall.

On a sidebar: If the stall is just a simple structure (4 corners and 3 walls and a roof), then in today's prices you're looking at about $1,200. for materials and labor. Might be higher considering the inflated cost in 2008 for metals (aluminum, copper, brass, etc.) due to military and foreign market need for metals...that the USA is supplying.

On another sidebar: On OUR 12x12' pasture sheds which use 8" dia used utility pole sections and 2x6" framework along with 29 guage "Galvalume 8" on center ridge" steel panels, our costs for site built units have ranged between about $800 and $1,000 over the past 5 years. You can see exemples of our sheds on our website in one of our several photo galleries (website address on our signature line on messageboard).

He got it from Quality Farm and Fleet which is no longer in business. It is a 12 x 12 with four walls, sliding door, and a corner feeder. He put it together, still standing there. He is ready to sell it but doesn't know what to ask for it. Has all it's pieces parts.

Latest posts