Horse For Sale Indiana, Care Question, General Farm Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Hillary_Indiana

Reaction score
1. Red Roan Walking gelding for sale in Whiteland, IN...$900 OBO must sell! A big, beautiful boy...needs exp. rider when ridden without other horses. Very sweet and friendly. Please e-mail [email protected] for more info and a picture!

2. I have a bay walking horse who I got last winter. For the past two summers, it's like at the beginning of the summer he gets these little bumps...almost like hives or bug bites or tufts of fur or something. Mainly he gets them on the main part of his body...never his legs, head, or top of his back. Does anyone know what this is?? If you look through his fur into it you can't really see anything (like if it was a bite there would be bleeding or something) They went away last fall before it turned winter.

3. A random question. Does anyone know how long it is safe to collect eggs after the hen has laid them. It seems that our hens lay their eggs during the day and I usually collect them at night. If I don't go out there one night, I throw them all away the next day. I'm not sure how long it's ok for them to be in a barn outside before being collected/washed/refrigerated.

Hillary_Indiana":2g19psd6 said:
2. I have a bay walking horse who I got last winter. For the past two summers, it's like at the beginning of the summer he gets these little bumps...almost like hives or bug bites or tufts of fur or something. Mainly he gets them on the main part of his body...never his legs, head, or top of his back. Does anyone know what this is?? If you look through his fur into it you can't really see anything (like if it was a bite there would be bleeding or something) They went away last fall before it turned winter.

Sounds like maybe gnats, or an allergic reaction of some type to insect bites - maybe mosquitoes?

3. A random question. Does anyone know how long it is safe to collect eggs after the hen has laid them. It seems that our hens lay their eggs during the day and I usually collect them at night. If I don't go out there one night, I throw them all away the next day. I'm not sure how long it's ok for them to be in a barn outside before being collected/washed/refrigerated.

The eggs would be ok for this short of a time frame. Now if they sat there for a week or two, I would toss them. Hope this helps.

Hillary_Indiana":89tgp23i said:

If you can't detect anything under there, he might just shed out funny, like mats on a dogs hair, all clumpy. Our colts do this often during there first full summer.

2. Sounds like an allergic reaction to something.

3. The eggs should be OK for up to a week, although, personally I wouldn't want the older ones. Store bought eggs are probably close to a month old before you get them (or so I have heard)

Ive eaten yard eggs of unknown age without any negative response. I figured if they had been there very long some other critter would have gotten to them prior to me.

Im in Korea right now. Most stores/resteraunts here dont even refrigerate thier eggs. I guess they go throught them before they go bad, but I am sure it takes longer than a couple of days.

Latest posts