HooDoo Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Looking for info on the HooDoo Ranch. I watched a documentary on some cattle ranches. In this documentary it showed them picking up the herd bulls on the HooDoo Ranch. They herded in some of the best looking Charolais, and Red Angus herd bulls Ive ever seen. In this same segment, the ranch manager George Brown talked and told that the ranch was a reg. Charolais ranch for years previously, which Id already known. Now they are also crossbreeding with Red Angus bulls as well and from what I was able to Google about them they are very well known for their buckskin calves that perform excellent. In another article I found a link to a sale catalog, it talks on how there Charolais herd has been closed for over 40 years and has little to no french influence in there cattle. I also know that Camp Cooley Ranch used the Hoodoo bloodlines. I talked to a Montana buddy of mine tonight who has been there and he said they run a lot of cattle. Just interested in finding out more about this ranch, it seems to stay off the radar. Here is the link to what I read http://www.5lredangus.com/2012_5L_Sprin ... _60-64.pdf

I think they dispersed the purebred cattle several years ago.
CSM

CSM":2gwzw2a2 said:
I think they dispersed the purebred cattle several years ago.
CSM

Yeah I was able to find a website and called them. The lady in the office was very nice and I actually talked to her for awhile. They dispersed several years ago and are now just a commercial operation now and just using Red Angus bulls. They still have a lot of cattle.

looks like its the wording, avoiding Full French bloodlines.... i imagine those mexican char's lost alot of the muscling ability and calving problems when they were being bred up...