Hole in udder...thoughts?

Help Support CattleToday:

She was a lucky lady to get to that age. It is probably a better end for her than having her hanging about home until she died slowly of something as nature is not always kind.

Now you have said how old she is I have another theory on what might be wrong. She may have had cancer on her udder. Cancerous growths can change quite quickly. If it was stinky in a particular way that would be another indication.

I have lots and lots of sheep so I see cancers often, and more so in older animals. They get cancer of the udder fairly often. I can often smell when one sheep in a mob has cancer before I see it.

Thanks Oz. We wondered about cancer. Husband said when they loaded her there was a smell...I hadn't noticed it when tending to her.

kucala5":qhqlx1vr said:
Thanks Oz. We wondered about cancer. Husband said when they loaded her there was a smell...I hadn't noticed it when tending to her.
Oz has a very good point......She sure did make it to a good ole age though.

The old gal brought a buck eight a pound. Bought her six years ago with a calf on her for $750. Crazy.

Well you certainly got your money's worth out of her.

If her heifer is a 'keeper' I hope you get as much longevity from her.

One of my horses had cancer, and towards the end of his days he had an off odor to him.

Katherine

Latest posts