Hogs

Help Support CattleToday:

I know they're chasing the money, but I think moving to the SEC is going to be a disaster for them. I wonder how long before they're commiserating with Nebraska and trying to get the old Big 12 back together.

I know they're chasing the money, but I think moving to the SEC is going to be a disaster for them. I wonder how long before they're commiserating with Nebraska and trying to get the old Big 12 back together.
I feel the same, and I feel OU is going to be in for a reckoning also. It's one thing to beat bama in a championship, its quite another to get beat on for 10 weeks, and then play for a championship, I believe they have sunk themselves.

I feel the same, and I feel OU is going to be in for a reckoning also. It's one thing to beat bama in a championship, its quite another to get beat on for 10 weeks, and then play for a championship, I believe they have sunk themselves.
Big 12 football has been all guns and no armor for a while now. That strategy just doesn't hold up against a full conference slate in either the SEC or Big 10. You need to be able to play some defense and run the ball.

Those Razorbacks ran wild as they will be calling for the Longhorns coaches head with a few more beat downs like that. Arkansas and Texas A&M have thrived in the SEC as ESPN owns the SEC network. I say if you can't beat them join them. It is all about the money and joining the SEC recruiting will pickup for them also.

Last edited:
Those Razorbacks ran wild as they will be calling for the Longhorns coaches head with a few more beat downs like that. Arkansas and Texas A&M have thrived in the SEC as ESPN owns the SEC network. I say if you can't beat them join them. It is all about the money and joining the SEC recruiting will pickup.
I wonder how much longer before the SEC asks UT and Vanderbilt to move out?

Sam Pitman is a great coach (he was here for a while and was well-liked). The bright spot for us yesterday was that "the" Ohio St. got beat and so did Texas. The two most perennially overrated teams and never as good as they think they are. Texas and OK will now be playing with the big boys week in and week out when they join the SEC.

I wonder how much longer before the SEC asks UT and Vanderbilt to move out?
I thought about the same thing. With UTs 106,000 stadium fans they are probably worth keeping around. Vandy looks bad as last week ETSU handed them their rear 23-3.

Last edited:
Tennessee is a total embarrassment.
They looked ok yesterday playing a Pitt team that has a good defense and a 5th year starter quarterback. They will beat up on TN tech next week. After that it will get bad when they get in the conference. Kentucky is looking good.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't understand UT's struggle. But I am glad to have the Texas game back, and not in the old SWC.

Yeah, I don't understand UT's struggle. But I am glad to have the Texas game back, and not in the old SWC.
33 players left through the transfer portal plus another 6 starteres out for the game and we also lost or starting quaterback and running back during the game. We have no depth. Not an excuse, we should have won that game. We have a long rebuilding process ahead in Football.

The SEC will keep us around, if for no other reason our Baseball and Basketball programs plus all the money we bring in.

Tennessee is a total embarrassment.
Being a Tennessee football fan is about like farming. Every year you get disappointed and when a new season rolls around you get all optimistic again. Been on that roller coaster with them most of my life and been that way every year except 1998. I am use to it. I have froze my azz off many times setting in that stadium looking down on what looks like a bunch of pizz ants running around.

Being a Tennessee football fan is about like farming. Every year you get disappointed and when a new season rolls around you get all optimistic again. Been on that roller coaster with them most of my life and been that way every year except 1998. I am use to it. I have froze my azz off many times setting in that stadium looking down on what looks like a bunch of pizz ants running around.
Being a Hog fan hasn't been that much different rhe last 5 years at least

Latest posts