Hog Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Cow_Town

Reaction score
100_03841.jpg

Killed this big boy a couple months back, when I was home last. 30.06 Springfield at 100 yards.

We have a ton of hogs, Between my little brother, my Dad and I, we've trapped and shot over 300 head in the past two years on a little over 500 acres.

Please keep on wiping them out. They are going to take over the whole country eventually. They've wrecked cemeteries, parks, and golf courses lately too. That ought to get some attention from the tree huggers.

Cemetaries ? Just inspires me more to keep it up. The dang things did root up my poor Border Collie where I buried her and she was at least two feet down. I guess the fresh dirt encouraged them.

backhoeboogie":3sk0oqa5 said:
Please keep on wiping them out. They are going to take over the whole country eventually. They've wrecked cemeteries, parks, and golf courses lately too. That ought to get some attention from the tree huggers.

Boogie looks like the big hogs aint got to his place yet.

Caustic Burno":1i4bjcg1 said:
backhoeboogie":1i4bjcg1 said:

Well, yall can keep them big ones. Had plenty over 300 and just a couple hovering around 400 and thats all I want. How much was the biggest one you've seen there at your place Caustic ? Just want to know what I need to look out for.

Cow_Town":2r89ch6y said:
Caustic Burno":2r89ch6y said:
backhoeboogie":2r89ch6y said:

Well, yall can keep them big ones. Had plenty over 300 and just a couple hovering around 400 and thats all I want. How much was the biggest one you've seen there at your place Caustic ? Just want to know what I need to look out for.

Killed a couple pushing 450 this year, killed one that looked like a Duroc hit him with a 45-70 and didn't knock him down.

backhoeboogie":ye5tujz1 said:

Boogie this should get you hopping mad the state I heard the other day is going to require hunters to buy a hog stamp.
I hope this is not true but I can see those Leaches in Austin coming up with this as a revenue source.

I can do without ones that size, as can everybody else around here. I did see a grey colored hog on a dirt road one night a few years back that I swear looked like a 500lb. calf at first, scared the crap outta me. I also ran over a big red boar that had to be 450 + with my 98 Chevy. Ranch hand saved my pickup along with the low rate of speed, but that dang boar got up squeeling and tore through the fence and was gone.

Caustic Burno":2d4okyly said:
backhoeboogie":2d4okyly said:

Boogie this should get you hopping mad the state I heard the other day is going to require hunters to buy a hog stamp.
I hope this is not true but I can see those Leaches in Austin coming up with this as a revenue source.

Great brain surgeons there for you. I hope like heck it aint true, but wouldnt surprise me.

Caustic Burno":5lr4pm3t said:
backhoeboogie":5lr4pm3t said:

I hope this is not true but I can see those
Leaches in Austin coming up with this as a revenue source.

So can I,that's as bad as requireing land owners to buy a license to lease their place to hunters.
Hogs are'nt real bad here in the Hill country yet,they are here but not like East and South.
I still shoot the ones I jump up,had them pull the center out of about one hundred round bales one year,and are always nesting up in my hay fields,flatten an acre in short order............good luck

Hey! I told you guys that, you should hire some of us from up nort to come down and hunt them hogs. Before the libs put them on the endangered list. ;-)

The cemetery damage is broken headstones, uprooted flowers, and their general bomb holes throughout.

Caustic, what'ya say I load a trailer full of them and just drive on down to Austin? I could toss a 100 pound shoat in each and everyone of those carpetbagger's yards. Those cute little picket fences would last long at all.

If anyone gets a citation for not having a hog stamp, please let me be on that jury!

backhoeboogie":r75kf8w7 said:
The cemetery damage is broken headstones, uprooted flowers, and their general bomb holes throughout.

Caustic, what'ya say I load a trailer full of them and just drive on down to Austin? I could toss a 100 pound shoat in each and everyone of those carpetbagger's yards. Those cute little picket fences would last long at all.

If anyone gets a citation for not having a hog stamp, please let me be on that jury!

Make sure they are pregnant gilts that you throw out. Also while your already headed South, just swing by my place and meet me and we can have a hog convoy to Austin, you never know, might be 100 trucks and trailers before we got there.

Cow_Town":9gnmdvff said:
backhoeboogie":9gnmdvff said:

Make sure they are pregnant gilts that you throw out. Also while your already headed South, just swing by my place and meet me and we can have a hog convoy to Austin, you never know, might be 100 trucks and trailers before we got there.

I was thinking more along the line of feeding them to the hogs.
I would rather have the hogs than the politicians in Austin.

Latest posts