Hobby?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I think it is necessary for a person to have a hobby in life be it cattle, a collector of certain items, creative hobbies, gardening, cooking, outdoor recreation...whatever. Apart from personal fulfillment it can lead not only to personal development but to family and community development as well.

What are you main hobbies?

Mine are many but the one that brings the most pleasure to me would be painting...with music playing in the background :D . I just never seem to have enough time.....

ali.. hobbies are like that, fun but never have enough time for them.. especially if you are raising cattle and working a job like I do, and as many do on this board.
Some of my favorites are building things with lumber... gardening...taking care of my fruit trees.. I do love hunting and fishing but dont consider them to be hobbies. more like fun and lifestyle..

f150fatboy":2om3gbyl said:
HDRider":2om3gbyl said:
Give you one guess??
I like riding the scooter myself, just hate when to work and back is the best ride of the week.
You are in a great area to ride in. I lived in Morristown, TN when I got my first Harley. Love the Smokies.

Think I told this to everyone before but mine is chemistry. Turning beer, wine and whiskey into urine. :cowboy:

TexasBred":2fn3cqng said:
Think I told this to everyone before but mine is chemistry. Turning beer, wine and whiskey into urine. :cowboy:

now that one made me giggle....

diabetes made me give up a similar avocation....

now I just process water and coffee and tea...lot of water.... :cowboy:

TexasBred":2wvnebkl said:

:lol: :lol:

TexasBred":rn5rjj1h said:

:lol2: crazy man

I have many hobbies and not enough time.
Hunting
Cattle
Riding my crotch rocket
carpentry
Cleaning up old farm equip and painting them
Annoying my wife
I used to fish alot but got tired of my wife kicking my arse all the time when we fished
I would say c.t. is a hobby of mine but seems that it has become a part of my daily life so I guess I can't consider it a hobby.

pdfangus":19yl6t7j said:
TexasBred":19yl6t7j said:

now that one made me giggle....

diabetes made me give up a similar avocation....

now I just process water and coffee and tea...lot of water.... :cowboy:
Dang Jim...sorry to hear that. Oh well, coffee and tea will keep you "processing" as well. ;-)

skyhightree1":3bclpq0m said:
TexasBred":3bclpq0m said:

Hunting
Cattle
Riding my crotch rocket
carpentry
Annoying my wife
I used to fish alot but got tired of my wife kicking my arse all the time when we fished
I would say c.t. is a hobby of mine but seems that it has become a part of my daily life so I guess I can't consider it a hobby.
Sky when I was your age, fishing, riding or whatever was simply an attempt to get the wife out somewhere "quiet and secluded". :cowboy:

TexasBred":3ggl4ky7 said:
skyhightree1":3ggl4ky7 said:
TexasBred":3ggl4ky7 said:

Hunting
Cattle
Riding my crotch rocket
carpentry
Annoying my wife
Sky when I was your age, fishing, riding or whatever was simply an attempt to get the wife out somewhere "quiet and secluded". :cowboy:

you dirty dog you ... I like the way you think ;-)

I've always wanted to know everybodies hobbies here. I sometimes wish we had a hobby section.

Hobbies before children:
Horses/mules/roping
Restoring antiques tractors
Bicycling

My children are my hobby now.

Fooling with my cows, drinking beer, reading, drinking beer when I'm reading, and drinking beer while I'm fooling with my cows. And playing dominos.

Homesteading is my hobby. We produce about seventy percent of what we eat. In the past we did seventy percent of what we drank as well but our consumption went up and our spare time went down.

That's a hard question to define. I abosoulty love working on stuff like my old jeep, boat, tractor,equipment, fences. Building stuff out of wood, metal or leather. If I want to just relax I fish or hunt. I am the handy man for my community so I spend a lot of time fixing stuff. I guess I could sum it up by saying my life is a hobby. I work so I can do all of the above when I have time off. My cows do bring a lot of satisfaction but its a business. Even though its a small business it still has to turn a profit.

Hobbys now? Nothing much. Crochet some,read.. Watch kittycams and bird cams.. sometimes get on the bus and just ride the route to see what else is being built on top of good ranch/farm land..

TexasBred":weci7z7s said:
skyhightree1":weci7z7s said:
TexasBred":weci7z7s said:

Hunting
Cattle
Riding my crotch rocket
carpentry
Annoying my wife

That makes me realize how much things can change in 30 years :shock: .

Larry

Hobbies- Horse and cattle events. Team penning, sorting, a little cutting. Competitive Ranch Hand/Trail events.
Dock Dog jumping.
Showing cattle at local fairs.
Play, play, play with Grandkids!
Just sold my motorcycle last summer because I was not riding enough. But I used to enjoy day trips on my bike with the girls. Decided I would rather buy hay than let it sit. :D I am pretty much game for anything that has to do with the animals.

Latest posts