High Mileage Mudgrips

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Anybody know of a brand of mudgrips that will last a while (50,000 miles), or by choosing mudgrips you sacrifice treadlife. I have a F250 if it matters.

I had BF Goodrich all terrains on my last truck, they lasted 50,000 plus miles and I never got that truck stuck, had it in some pretty bad stuff too, Never tried the mud grips tho.

BFG's are going to be your best bet but they've gotten outrageous in the past few years. I run Mud King Steel Radials on all of my trucks in the winter time, they're very close to the BFG lug pattern and wear almost as good - plus they're a lot cheaper around here. Someone once told me that they were a generic produced by BFG, who knows?

I don't think there is a such of a thing as a high mileage mudgrip. The best thing that you can do to help with wear on them is to rotate them every time you do an oil change. That helps.

We live on a long stretch of sandy road and our tires wear out faster than anybody else's I know.
I got more than 50K out of a set of BFG all-terrains. Lots of noise from them going down the road, but they are great tires. However, I put Falcon AT on there this past time. Half the money and they are a lot quieter. I really like them so far.
Mud grips are a big waste of money for almost everybody that has them - no different from lift kits and pipe sets. But if that's your hobby, that's your business. AT are sufficient grip for most situations, although I can't speak to snow cause that's not really an issue in my neck of the woods.

farmwriter":3fd7uhoz said:
Mud grips are a big waste of money for almost everybody that has them - no different from lift kits and pipe sets. But if that's your hobby, that's your business. AT are sufficient grip for most situations, although I can't speak to snow cause that's not really an issue in my neck of the woods.

I'll grant you there are more than a few sets of mud grips in every subdivision I've ever rode thru, but let it rain on the clay hills around here and try to feed without mud tires, you might as well start walking. I've buried more than one bale truck with mud tires.

Not sure what you are looking for. Mud tires or All-Terrain? Two different types of tires. I have used both. A/T will last much longer than real mud tires. I am running at set of Republic/Kelly Trail Max M/S that have 32K miles on them and probably have another 8K in them, but that's it. My last set, A/T from the same maker, were well over 60K miles. :cowboy:

We have been selling Mudstar's They have about the same pattern as a BFG Mud terriarn. We have guys getting 60,000 but they rotate all the time. Normal person will get about 30,000 out of them.

I tried some Maxxis mud tires on my F-250 when I had it and they were doing ok. We also sell alot of wintermaster snow tires (no studs) and they go just as good in the mud as anything. Getting lots of miles on them to.

cfpinz":2e1y0ksp said:
farmwriter":2e1y0ksp said:

I'll grant you there are more than a few sets of mud grips in every subdivision I've ever rode thru, but let it rain on the clay hills around here and try to feed without mud tires, you might as well start walking. I've buried more than one bale truck with mud tires.

Don't get me wrong, I know they make heavier treads for a reason, but the few times in my life I've really gotten stuck, a little extra tread wouldn't have mattered a lick. Know what I mean? That piece of equipment behind the wheel is always the most important! :cboy:

cfpinz":34ie7px3 said:
farmwriter":34ie7px3 said:

I agree with ya cf I will let them bring them A/Ts down here and do my feeding cause they will be sitting around waiting for me to pull them up the hills

if the tread isn't spread out far enough to clean itself when ya spin em a little you just sat at the bottom clay is alot different than alot soils

Farmwriter it isn't got anything to do with being in a hole it has to do with A/T tires balling up with mud (clay)

I am going to call high milage mudgrips an oxymoron. If you want high milage it ain't coming from a tire with good grips. If you want traction, get mudgrips just don't expect the best of both worlds.

Latest posts