HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP

Help Support CattleToday:

momanto

Reaction score
WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN SEVERAL TONS OF #62 HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP FOR THE MOVING OF IT.

IS IT APPRORIATE FEED FOR CATTLE? ANY DOWNSIDES?
CAN IT BE MIXED WITH OTHER PRODUCTS FOR LIVESTOCK?
ANY OTHER USES KNOWN? THE CONTAINERS THEMSELVES WILL BE WORTHY ABOVE THE MOVING COSTS OF IT.

I ALSO POSTED THIS ON BEGINNERS BOARD.

THANK YOU,
MOM

Only thing I ever heard of that doing is getting cattle unconstipated, but I have not tryed it myself. Talk to your vet.

Its great as a ration ingredient-- If I wasn't already feeding something I could mix it in with I'd not bother with it-especially if its a one shot deal.
............ unless I was desperate for something for them to eat.

I've got some of my customers that feed cattle and/or are short on pasture that are mixing the syrup from ethanol stills with ground corn stalks or low quality hay. They claim it's a great product.

I would guess that it would be a similar type of product so I'd think it would work well also. If you decide to do this I would work them up slow on it. I would guess that you could screw up a gut in a big hury by jumping in with both feet-just think how bad you feel when you drink 3-4 sodas on and empty stomach and what is soda-hfcs.

THANKS FOR Y'ALLS REPLIES. THE TANKS SHOULD ARRIVE LATER THIS AFTERNOON. USING IT MODESTLY, THE SMALLER TANK WILL SUPPLEMENT OUR FEEDING FOR SIX MONTHS. THAT WILL PAY FOR THE SHIPPING. THEN THE FOUR TIMES LARGER TANK WILL BE HOME FREE.

MOM

Latest posts