hiefers bad bag..dangit

Help Support CattleToday:

we haven't had any to retain in so long id hate to let this one go. new blood and all means I can keep my good ones..hopefully she will turn out to be one

I might be inclined to give the calf a chance. As has been suggested, the bull may clean up that bad udder. As for the dam---------once that calf is weaned, I load her up and go.

Cute calf.

We have improved the udders of our cows over the years.. it can be done. All calves are cute when they're young.. pass judgement on her at weaning time on how good she really is

i wont tolerate bad bags..thats why this was such a disappointment...well see..wont be any qway of knowing til the calf calfs...til then :drink: ....thank you I think I will

You can look for signs of a bad bag when you wean the calf.. look closely, look for 4 evenly spaced teats.. no doubled up ones, etc. It's no guarantee, but it's a start.

That is some crazy edema! Good to share the pics so others can see what it is like.
I also would take a chance on the calf. However, I would never market her as seed stock to anyone.

Latest posts