HH Advance 767G 1ET

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on 767G? I am thinking about picking up a few straws of him in the hopes of retaining some daughters. Experiences or opinions on the fertility, longevity and udder quality of his daughters would be most appreciated. His very high milk number is a little concerning for me, although I am trying to raise the milk production in my herd. From what I have seen and read, 767G is one of the best "cow makers" in recent Hereford history. Here is a link to his info:

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5B595C5B5A22252F20&9=5E5E50

While you are evaluating, give this guy a look too. He looks to me like one of the more impressive "spread bulls" I've seen in a while. He even has a fair amount of accuracy:

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5C5A2123272E22&9=52535E

I would definitely use 767G on some beefier cows to keep flesh in his daughter. No experience with him, but just looking and the bull and his numbers, I can't see daughters in their first lactation being terribly great at keeping weight on.

If that Wrangler bull wasn't swaybacked, I would be all over him. His is a head-turner photo and EPD wise. Darn good pedigree too. Unfortunately, topline strength is one trait I have to have in every bull I buy.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45762

If you want a Horned Hereford bull that will make some daughters here's your bull. I bought him to do exactly that and was lucky enough to lease him to Genex. He grazed out till January and is just getting hay now-there's some pictures of his daughters on here too. He calves really well and doesn't have a crazy high milk EPD.

I do not know much about the horned genetics.

I am not that hot on Wrangler 832W. I find that he produces very attractive females that milk well. However, under my range conditions, they are a little hard doing. I know 832W is a ways back in the Polled bulls pedigree, but it is on both sides.If you like the looks and numbers of this bull, I would us a small amount of semen and see how it works out.

Mark Domino 8020 would come in ahead of any HH bull on my list, but that's just me....have you looked at the number of daughters in production, the total number of progeny out there, and with the accuracy way up there, he is a trait leader for 10 traits? There is a bull Star L3 Gerber Vision 053 that I am watching with interest because he combines Feltons Domino 774 with 8020. Actual IMF on his full sister was 7.6%. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread :oops:

Lad 20P's dam is an 8020 granddaughter-I bought up pretty much all the 8020 semen in Canada a few years back.

I like that bull you posted, Northern. BTW, by "HH" I mean Holden Herefords, not horned Herefords. I know they buy bulls from each other, and they are both Line Ones, but I like the Cooper cattle better than Holdens.

Thanks to all those who have responded so far. I have contemplated using 8020 as well but as with 767G, I am still debating whether to bring horned genetics into my herd. All of my cows are polled, but I have several that horned bulls in their 3 generation pedigree.

With 463 daughters in production, there must be someone out there that has used 767G.

BTW, Greenwillow, if you look at 767G's pedigree, you'll notice that he is mostly a Cooper bred bull, just thought I'd point that out. ;-)

I'd sure recommend using 767. I have a few direct daughters and a few granddaughters in my herd. I wouldn't say they all have excellent udders but most of them have good udders. The reports I've heard from other breeders confirm what I've experienced from his daughters. And that's the fact that his daughters not only milk well but are also very fertile. Those two things don't normally go together but they do with 767. I also feel 767 may still be about the best Hereford curve bender bull available. This year I'll be turning out a son and a grandson of 767.

BTW, 767 has probably been Cooper's most heavily used bull ever.

Here's a three year old daughter of 767.

IMG_0516.jpg

Here's a couple 2 year old granddaughters of 767. They are from different sires.

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Wow Ned JR those are beautiful cows! :clap: Great job that first one looks awesome. Are they still selling 767G semen? I noticed he was taken off the ABS site.

Very nice looking cows, Ned. I must confess that my opinion was somewhat biased by a 767 son that I saw advertised that I didn't like that well. Perhaps 8020 would work well on 767 daughters. ;-)

Do I know a bull that would work on those good Hereford cows-hint hint lol. By the way the Hereford breed has held themselves back immensely by their archaic attitude towards semen sales. In the Angus breed most times you could use the best bull of the times for $20-40 or less. In the world of Herefords you had to give an arm and a leg plus pay for a certificate for some unproven show winner. Any beef bull should prove his worth in the commercial business to some extent before being used breed wide by the purebred business-charging a huge price for semen kind of eliminates that proving ground.

What does everyone think JDB 767G ADVANCE N037, a 767G of a Feltons 517 granddaughter?

Latest posts