Some pictures of Bez's HH

Help Support CattleToday:

Camp you are so full of it! :lol:

Your cows would do just fine in my part of the world.

Hmmm .... You on the other hand ......

8)

Bez

Just had to comment on your use of lidocaine when dehorning. I haven't been around dehorning much and have never heard of lidocaine being used until now. I LOVE that you do! I am a wimp when it comes to causing pain to an animal. The job gets done but I am as relieved as the animal is when it's done. We buy Holstein bottle calves from a dairy and always have them burn the buds before we pick them up. Watched it being done once and hated it so they do it for me before I get there now. Can I do anything like the lidocaine to make it easier on them? Any other helpful tips? THANK YOU for taking the extra step.

Farmhand":3fn8l9lx said:
Just had to comment on your use of lidocaine when dehorning. I haven't been around dehorning much and have never heard of lidocaine being used until now. I LOVE that you do! I am a wimp when it comes to causing pain to an animal. The job gets done but I am as relieved as the animal is when it's done. We buy Holstein bottle calves from a dairy and always have them burn the buds before we pick them up. Watched it being done once and hated it so they do it for me before I get there now. Can I do anything like the lidocaine to make it easier on them? Any other helpful tips? THANK YOU for taking the extra step.
One thing I have always done (with the animal in mind of course) is through a lasso over their head and snub them to a BIG cedar post in the barnyard. I let them choke their self unconcious . It really seems to lessen the pain.
Hope this helps.
Ollie

Ollie

Have used that method from a horse - owner did not like it much - but it works very well.

Just have to be sure to let off on the rope in time! :lol:

Bez

I would also use that method ON an horse. With my opinion of horses I wouldn't let off the rope.

ollie":dyhwm60f said:
Farmhand":dyhwm60f said:
One thing I have always done (with the animal in mind of course) is through a lasso over their head and snub them to a BIG cedar post in the barnyard. I let them choke their self unconcious . It really seems to lessen the pain.
Hope this helps.
Ollie
LOL Yessir ollie that helps!!! Lidocaine for dehorning...what is the world coming to??? I like your way better ollie. Only one addition to it...after they get unconscious make sure there heart slows WAY down so that the spurts dont get you in the face. LOL

great lookin cows bez!
grandpa raised herefords he loved em. very good temperment cattle!