Hey Lammie!

Help Support CattleToday:

I read about it last night. Yes, too bad. There was another musher, Kim Franklin (?) who literally lost two dogs on the trail. Not her dogs, either. She had borrowed them from another kennel. They got away from her somewhere on the trail.

I have been following on the website, and I shucked out the twenty bucks to become in Iditarod Insider. They are showing Jeff King to be about nine miles in front of Lance Mackey coming down the Kaltag Portage toward Unalakleet. (I probably badly mangled the spelling!). Both mushers agreed to carry a GPS tracker and you can see their positions. It isn't showing on the standings, though. It is going to be a nail biter, for sure.

I love this race!

And Jeff King came into the checkpoint ahead of Lance Mackey by about an hour and a half. I'll keep us updated! I get up in the middle of the night to check on this. My class thinks I'm a real nerd. :D Not to mention my family.

LANCE WON!!!! LANCE WON!!!!! LANCE WON!!!!! LANCE WON!!!!! LANCE WON!!!!!

I was up at five to watch live feed as he came through the Burled Arch in Nome. I am one happy chicken. Dogs looked great, still attentive, curious about the crowds, yapping and want to pull more! I wish those PETA idiots could see that and tell me those animals are mistreated. The first thing Lance did after he shook someone's hand was to go love on his dogs. You can tell they have a very special bond. Then he had his picture made with Handsome and Larry, his two lead dogs.

It was great and I am looking forward to next year. In fact, my new dream is to go to Nome for the finish one day.

Great race! Truly, the last great race on Earth. :heart: :heart:

Yup. Heard that on the news driving home from work tonight. Glad your guy won.

Wife used to run her dogs quite a bit but hasn't the past few years. It's what they're bred for, what they live for, and they absolutely love it. Anyone who sees it as mistreatment is an idiot.