Herfs enjoying spring weather

Help Support CattleToday:

southernblues

Reaction score
It's turning warmer now in KS, break away from the late snow. Even got some flies trying to get their game on.

I would be interested in feedback on these heifers, thank you.

IMG_00012.JPG

IMG_00024.JPG

IMG_00032.JPG

IMG_00041.JPG

IMG_00051.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_00082.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Southern Blues, I like your heifers, good frame on them, IMO. Please tell us their age, are they all bred, and are they purebred stock. I am all commercial, so I think a BWF calf standing beside them would make them look great!

jasonleonard":289o3jfy said:
Southern Blues, I like your heifers, good frame on them, IMO. Please tell us their age, are they all bred, and are they purebred stock. I am all commercial, so I think a BWF calf standing beside them would make them look great!

Hey Jason-

22 of them are 24 months old and will calve this fall at around 30 months. 12 of them are open to get with their first bull in June. I will be running a spring and fall calving herd. They are all purebred, 22 are out of Felton's Domino lines and the other 12 are Trojan....and Yes they WILL have a BWF calf on next go around...see my yearling reg Angus bull below I just bought.

IMG_0011.jpg

They are beautiful. I am curious do you usually wait until they are 20-22 months to breed them? I am new to polled Herefords. We will have our first calves in October. I am looking to get all the info I can. Thanks.

No I don't. This is my first herd after 15 yrs of family being out of it. Long story but a registered ranch who has strict criteria on their females had some a bunch that were sent off for feed testing and for some reason didn't make it back (they have 1200 registered head and 2 guys running it, so I can imagine misplacing 20-25 like this) and I lucked out. We'll see...they don't call it LIVESTOCK for nothing...

I would like to know who the sire is on the the Trojan females. We have been raising Trojans for a long time and only know of one source still using them. Did you get these from M&M?

Latest posts