Here's another one I'm starting to like.

Help Support CattleToday:

She's not black so she can't be good?

Nice calf, but I think most people here are overthinking commercial females. They need to be of the type that can breed to calf at two, raise a good calf and breed back everytime to calve in the same season and do that until her teeth gives in. As long as they are reasonably sound and have capacity in a moderate frame, then Bob's your uncle!

KNERSIE":1ffdl4wl said:
Nice calf, but I think most people here are overthinking commercial females. They need to be of the type that can breed to calf at two, raise a good calf and breed back everytime to calve in the same season and do that until her teeth gives in. As long as they are reasonably sound and have capacity in a moderate frame, then Bob's your uncle!
I agree. I'd rather have a cow that raises an average calf every 12 months than one that raises a really good one every 16.

Like I told you when I was there that is my prototype commercial cross. If I had the land to do it I would have a couple hundred just like her and breed em back straight angus or Homo blk balancer, for the market

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. LOL If I keep her she'll be the only red female I own, cept for the Hereford bull. Maybe I could name her "Sore Thumb" :lol:

She looks pretty good, At least she's red :hide: The only thing I would have to say is she might be a rather big cow when she's mature, I like them a little stouter myself. Maybe she'll be the one that'll change your mind about black ;)

Black and Good":zvecl9a7 said:
She's a March calf. 50% Gelbvieh , 50% Polled Hereford. Let me know whatca think of her. B&G

How much does your cow and calf weigh. I'd just like a guide to help judge mine by. thanks.

herofan":2c7ayat7 said:
Black and Good":2c7ayat7 said:
She's a March calf. 50% Gelbvieh , 50% Polled Hereford. Let me know whatca think of her. B&G

How much does your cow and calf weigh. I'd just like a guide to help judge mine by. thanks.
Hero, I'd say that cow will weigh around 1200#. That heifer around 500#-525#.That pic was taken bout two weeks ago. B&G

Latest posts