Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

Campground Cattle

Reaction score
I saw the finest Hereford herd today that I have ever seen.
Never have I seen the quality in a whole herd as the one I saw today.

txag congrats.

They belong to txag. No photo's forgot my camera.
I was on a bull buying trip to find a new friend for a very select group of Braxton Giant 1 ladies.
I have purchased select cows from across the south and Texas.
Star Lake, Feltons, Anhinga,Circle C, Hamman Bros. and Remitall, these lines were the foundation girls that I had picked to go with a BG1 and Vindicator bull. Until yesterday I had never seen a herd of Herefords that I considered better.
I did not see one cull in the herd. This has to be the best herd management I have seen.

thanks, Camp! i'm glad you enjoyed the somewhat abbreviated tour. we're kind of proud of our cattle & it's always nice to hear that we might be doing things right. :D

Wow, what a great compliment from a worthy source, indeed something to be proud of.

I too would love to see a some pics.

Congrats,
Alan

Congragulations txag. From the pics that you have shared with me, it was easy to see that you had an outstanding herd of cattle.

fe3ec686.jpg

I used to hear that the White Mountain Apaches had one of the top herds in the nation. I've been all over that resevation and never saw anything this good.Z

Beautiful pair txag.

If the rest look as good,and no doubt they are, I trust what Camp says, then that is a fine example of excellent management.

I bet it took a good many years of careful breeding, vigilant culling and good care to achive that.

Katherine

Way to go. Makes me want to drive out there to see them.

Great looking pair, txag. You can tell more when they're in their natural habitat like that, rather than all gussied up for a show.

thanks everyone! one reason compliments like these really make us feel good is that every registered cow we own was born on our place and has our prefix and most of them have our prefix all the way across the bottom of the pedigree on the dam's side. it hasn't happened overnight & we continue to look for improvements.

AngusLimoX":14p70jmd said:
Any idea of that calfs birth weight?

80 lbs.

txag":v4kplun4 said:
thanks everyone! one reason compliments like these really make us feel good is that every registered cow we own was born on our place and has our prefix and most of them have our prefix all the way across the bottom of the pedigree on the dam's side. it hasn't happened overnight & we continue to look for improvements.

AngusLimoX":v4kplun4 said:
Any idea of that calfs birth weight?

80 lbs.

Thanks txag

The wife was just walking by the screen when I pulled up this thread and she stopped and said " Wow, I like her" when I had your picture up. :D

Latest posts