Hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
All of you Hereford experts out there we are looking to buy a few straws of a good herf bull to use on a couple of balancers and a few GV girls . The cross will be terminal only, as we want to finish them for ourselves, family and a couple of friends .

I am buying from Westgen for convenience more than anything as we have a contract with them .So here is the list of bulls to choose from. Do not want to go elsewhere as I will have to pay shipping and buy more than just 5 straws per bull .

Looking for suggestion ,thanks !

http://www.semex.com/beef/i?lang=en&beef=list&breed=HE

I looked at all the bulls and like Knersie the only one I'm slightly interested in is Lego. But in all fairness I have never really researched any of these bulls, nor seen pics or calves. So take my opinion with very little weight. But just by the pics and numbers he's the best and from those choices and he would be my pick.

Without a doubt I would not be afraid to use that Conquer bull.

He is a full brother to 755T, who sired the high selling heifer calf ($60,000) in Hoffman's sale last fall and an impressive set of bulls in Topp's sale.
I had heard that Topp will have a lot of calves by Conquer this spring.

Conquer and 755T are VERY similarly bred to 719T

blacklabel":1b3zvuis said:
http://langfordherefords.com/

Just a thought
If you're responding to the original poster in this thread, she furnished a list of bulls that she had to choose from - none of which were Langford bred bulls. And she is in Canada, which presents a whole different set of hurdles on obtaining semen imported from the US - something I'm sure she wasn't interested in doing based on this statement:

hillsdown":1b3zvuis said:
I am buying from Westgen for convenience more than anything as we have a contract with them .So here is the list of bulls to choose from. Do not want to go elsewhere as I will have to pay shipping and buy more than just 5 straws per bull .

As far as Langfords - they have some good cattle.

Well i re-read it and see i messed up. Im just all about best i can afford. And for their quality for the money id try. They have a neat operation.

Sorry for confusion.

Good day.

If you have to go from Semex I like the Boyd Banker bull. He's out of MSU TCF Revolution 4R who is one of the top bulls in the Hereford breed right now and one I would highly recommend using if you were not worried about shipping costs from buying somewhere else. Not familiar with lot of the sires on that list but Boyd Beef Cattle has interest in a lot of top sires in the Hereford breed over the years

Latest posts