Hereford Bull Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

jhambley

Reaction score
I thought I would post a few photos of some hereford bulls I saw today.

Bull #1
red11.jpg

Another view of Bull #1
red112.jpg

Bull #2 ( a two year old)
980son.jpg

Another view of Bull #2
980son2.jpg

Here is the 14 yeard old dam of bull #1. She hasn't missed a year and had a heifer calf this year.

V4 Cow
v41.jpg

Another Shot of V4
v43.jpg

I like bull #1, not so crazy about bull #2, but he looks a bit younger than the first, time will tell.

cfpinz

Hill Creek Farm":qnaj7yal said:
Third bull looks to have a case of pink eye. Take care and hope it clears up. :cboy:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: HCF - Look before you leap! First mistake - There is no "Bull No. 3". It is the first picture of Bull no. 2.

Second mistake - No pinkeye! Look at the 'second picture' of Bull no. 2.

Do you work hard to appear uninformed? . . .or does it come naturally!

DOC HARRIS

The first bull was born 2001...the second bull is 2004. Both of these bulls are from Deewall Family Herefords in Coldwater Kansas. Jane Deewall is the daughter of Franklin Nash of Colorado. Mr. Nash passed away a few years ago. He linebred Advance Domino and President Mischief for many years.

Forget about Mole Creek, back to the bulls.

I've been staring and drooling over #1 for the past ten minutes. Wow! That is one of the best bulls of any breed that I have laid eyes on. He would put almost any picture in the select sires catalog to shame in my eyes. If anyone can fault this bull I would love to hear it.

cfpinz

Would one be able to purchase straws off this fella?

DOC HARRIS":f6gb29kv said:
Hill Creek Farm":f6gb29kv said:
Third bull looks to have a case of pink eye. Take care and hope it clears up. :cboy:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: HCF - Look before you leap! First mistake - There is no "Bull No. 3". It is the first picture of Bull no. 2.

Second mistake - No pinkeye! Look at the 'second picture' of Bull no. 2.

Do you work hard to appear uninformed? . . .or does it come naturally!

DOC HARRIS
Sorry DOC, bull #2. My mistake. Were all not freaking perfect on here. Anyway, those pictures could have been take on two different days. We don't know. Bull #2 looks to me in the first picture of him to express that he has pinkeye. Then in picture two of bull #2, it looks that the pinkeye has cleared up good. It also looks to me that the pictures were taken on different days. Take care. :cboy:

I really like bull one. He is very nice. I'm not a big fan of Herfords either but would use him if given the chance! NICE animals, you should be proud!

easy on him, this is the same guy that came up with his own ww ratio's that weren't accepted by the hereford assn.

Very nice bulls. both of them, but isn't the tail setting of the first bull just a touch too high? Or was he just holding his tail in the air...maybe urinating?

I think you are right in mentioning the tail set. This seems to be common trait among the old Anxiety lines of cattle. Jim Lents cattle seem to have a similar tail set.

I think you can see from this photo, it's not quite as high set as it appears in the other photos.

reddark.jpg

Latest posts