Hereford AI Bull??

Help Support CattleToday:

John Jacob

Reaction score
I am planning on having a couple of commercial hereford heifers AI this fall. I have been looking at different bulls but thought I would ask and see what everyone thought. I want a bull that is going to give me calving ease and low birth weight, but a bull that will make some awesome looking mama cows.

I have been looking around looking for the same thing Genex has some good hereford bulls that will throw just what you are looking for

Baldie Maker":rphu3q8i said:
progress is at abs.. he'll do those things.

Progress cows are very impressive, he just sires terrible eyes. UPS Domino 3027 would be my ABS bull of choice.

R294 on Abs. Very low bw. The other bulls victor 719t and ups domino are also good.

EFBEEF SCHU-LAR PROFICIENT N093

Nice looking daughters with spring of rib. A lot of capacity, good udders. Decent carcass as well.
ABS has him.

Top Shelf (Select Sires)
Domino 3027 (ABS Global)
Recruit (Accelerated)
Victor 755T (Accelerated)

Those bulls all make good daughters.

Abs actually doesnt have Proficient any more. He was collected a final time and was actually going to be distributed last year from genex. Spoke to ellis farms and thats what they had emailed me later after they said they didnt have semen. Victor 719t calves really impress me for a calving ease sire. He is in the tank this year. Legend is also a good one. Wasn't that impressed with my Progress calves.

Depending on how much of a purist you are I wouldn't use Legend. I've also heard on numerous occasions that even though he sires light BW the calves doesn't neccesarily come easy. Type wise I think he sires a decent female type, could do with more extension up front, especially if you plan on showing in the future and could do with more muscle shape.

The Progress daughters in production is the right kind, but they all have very poor eye set.

719T is pretty decent as a calving ease sire, he sires some good muscle shape, but not quite the type I'm after.

UPS Domino 3027 is a bull I'll definately use in the future, he has proved that he can consistantly sire the right kind in a very low BW, structurally good and with decent pigment.

R117 is doing better than I expected, he must be one of the ugliest bulls around, just not enough power and shape to him for me to consider him.

Schular has lots of volume, but not much shape and needs more power.

I like him, good shape, walks nice and wide, good volume. To try and find faults, I'd like a stronger wider head and better set eyes and he is ever so slightly pidgeon toed in front. I haven't really looked at his offspring yet, so can't really comment on that.

The wonder calves that we have had and seen are the right type. Typically they are soggy, deep chested, and big hipped. We will be using more of him in the future, and kept a semen interest in an embryo calf that is a SHF Wonder x SHF Miss Keynote E39 (Marshall's dam). The flush has given us two bull calves and two heifers so far and have 6 more embryo's to go in. I think you would like the wonder calves

Knersie I read an old post that said you really didnt like his legs and feet. Did you see something that changed your mind. I do like his look but the 100 bucks a straw make me only wanna use him on a flush. I think I am leaning more towards Redeem since he is 30 bucks and I really havent read anything bad about him.

Latest posts