Here we go!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Our breeding started today we put CIDR'S in 31 heifers and one nurse cow. We will start setting up cows and recips on the 20th. We have one donor being set up for 1/5/19 flush date so going to have to give shots on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We have some friends in GA that got out of the purebred business because they got burnt out trying to do AI work. My friend Helen told me she refused to miss another Christmas with her grandchildren because of needing to give shots to cows. Now that I have grandchildren I sure understand, if my grand babies were not in town I can assure you some adjustments would have to be made. We did decide to forego AI on our mature cows this year, trying to schedule another group was just more than we wanted to deal with, heck we have some exceptional walking sires we decided to just use them. Of course one thing I've cmt expect is cold damp weather during breeding season.

Gizmom

My operation is very small but I have first hand knowledge of the commitments and obligations. I started breeding on Thanksgiving and heat checking and the breeding seems to always provide enough of an obligation that every day is committed.

Good Luck, maybe Santa will stop be and help after he drops off presents for the girls.

seems to me that doing half the cows here is 3/4 of the work of all the cows. Maybe I am wrong. We have to sort them and the calves off and put them in a different pasture for a couple of weeks. You probably already have them sorted.

Yes he made it Friday night, he will turn his nose up at bahia grass hay.. I hate it for him it is that or nothing.. LOL.

He is right on the entry road (property on 97, not on Gibson).

I hate sorting pairs, but we do it every year.