Decided to go with Shell Shocked...

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
After changing my mind a million times about what bull to use on one of our heifers I decided to go with Shell shocked. May breed two or three to him... Really like what he has to offer..
Hopefully he works good on angus females.

holm25 said:
After changing my mind a million times about what bull to use on one of our heifers I decided to go with Shell shocked. May breed two or three to him... Really like what he has to offer..

Very exciting.

I have 2 heifers and a cow bred to calve in September to Shell Shocked. BTW: I stuck every one on first attempt, his semen must be virile.

Bright Raven said:
holm25 said:

Very exciting.

I have 2 heifers and a cow bred to calve in September to Shell Shocked. BTW: I stuck every one on first attempt, his semen must be virile.

I have heard from others that his fertility is great. That's another reason I chose him. Have you had any shell shock calves before or will these be your first?

holm25 said:
Bright Raven said:
holm25 said:

Very exciting.

I have heard from others that his fertility is great. That's another reason I chose him. Have you had any shell shock calves before or will these be your first?

These will be my first. I am thinking Fire Sweep Simmentals has a couple Shell Shocked calves. I think she said they were very nice.

We have two we have kept (sold a few on the side of cows as pairs, and sold several bred heifers to him).

This is an 11 month old bull, BW 58. Weighed him this weekend, 930 pounds.
piercy-11-months.jpg

And a June heifer, birth weight 50 pounds, weighed 556 this weekend.
pearl-7-months.jpg

That bull is awesome FS.. I saw him on Steer Planet and that's what finally made me decide to go with him. Didn't realize it was you that posted him!

holm25 said:
That bull is awesome FS.. I saw him on Steer Planet and that's what finally made me decide to go with him. Didn't realize it was you that posted him!
He is awesome! I will keep you updated, but as of now, he is going to Nationals in KY and Regionals in OK.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
He was bred, raised and sold by Greg Stewart at the Stars & Stripes Sale. I got to watch him walk for 4 days. Really, really good footed & great structure.

I bought a cane from Doug Parke. I am 3 for 3 on conceptions. Got 7 left. Good fertility because 2 of the 3 were heifers!

Latest posts