herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

To load him in the trailer are you going to have someone stand in it as bait?

dun

Just let the auction staff know that he has lost control of his mental abilities and they will handle the rest. I got one last summer that was just like him - went nuts in the trailer, tried to climb out, tried to kick the door open, the whole nine yards. When he got to the sale ring he walked in like a perfect gentleman - he walked out headed to be the perfect bologna sandwich.

Bullbuyer":2fbqtr3v said:
Just let the auction staff know that he has lost control of his mental abilities and they will handle the rest. I got one last summer that was just like him - went nuts in the trailer, tried to climb out, tried to kick the door open, the whole nine yards. When he got to the sale ring he walked in like a perfect gentleman - he walked out headed to be the perfect bologna sandwich.

Thats the next thing to worry about, gonna be tricky to load him up, and I have seen animals at the sale barn freak out! You kind of wish it is never you who has one though, have to wait and see, but YES I will be very glad to see him go. Its too bad the maniac tore off his ring and chain, actually we had the ring and chain put on twice, the 2nd time he tore it off, probably when breeding, or got stuck on something, and I know how much that hurt him for months, he moped around, and that part underneathe his nostrils, was torn, so no more ring could be put back in, I knew after that it was only a matter of time before he was out of here. So bye bye real soon!

dun":jpsjbd7u said:

dun

I would never risk my childrens lives with this bull, my son stood in the yard which is safely out of the way, and the person who stood by the tank with the grain was not in the barnyard, and was a adult neighbor dairy farmer, who has experience being around bulls. Nothing is more important to me, than my kids. The only bait we would use is a cow, to keep him calm to the sale barn.

GMN

GMN":2a5uyptz said:
dun":2a5uyptz said:

dun

I would never risk my childrens lives with this bull, my son stood in the yard which is safely out of the way, and the person who stood by the tank with the grain was not in the barnyard, and was a adult neighbor dairy farmer, who has experience being around bulls. Nothing is more important to me, than my kids. The only bait we would use is a cow, to keep him calm to the sale barn.

GMN

Get a Cap-Shur dart gun and load him up with some Ace or something.

My son stood in the yard last nite with his BB gun, just in case,

And what, may I ask was this BB gun gonna do?

45-70's are more reliable for ornery old bulls. ;-)

MikeC":d7gzjcvq said:

I was thinking the same thing. If you do not want to put him down, I would have a good 12 gauge around and "Dick Chenney" him. :)

aplusmnt":21b3zsqf said:
MikeC":21b3zsqf said:

I was thinking the same thing. If you do not want to put him down, I would have a good 12 gauge around and "Dick Chenney" him. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ol' Dick is gonna have a hard time gettin' over this one.

dun":3nw2tu89 said:

dun

I didn't think that Dun meant that you had used your child as bait - I took it as just his sense of humor about an easy way to get him in the trailer...

got up close and personal with our bull today and he was inside a corral and a perfect gentleman - but dang he is big...
3.gif
so be careful with one that is an ****

Just last week my dad brought his trusty angus bull to the sale that had gone blind in one eye, and gotten tempermental. We told the auctioneer to sell "as slaughter only" and told them about his eye. This way, no one would bid on him thinking of using him as a bull. When he came in the ring, dad announced to everyone that he was blind in one eye.(I guess one of the advantages of a small auction) Only the processers bid, and he actually brought a little over $1,000.

Well the Maniac is gone. We woke up to snow, and extremely cold temps, plus the last few days I've been down and out with the flu, and now it has spread to the rest of the household :( , so I wasn't too sure the maniac was actually gonna get gone today, but we managed to get him captured and loaded, and hauled off. I know this is going to sound crazy, but part of me was sad to see him go, he had a excellent bloodline, threw small calves, and this last year over 70% were heifers, but I got another all ready to replace this one, and its just not worth someone getting hurt over.

have a good weekend

Gail

Just read some of the other comments, the Dick Cheney thing, very funny. I appreciate all you folks' insight and advice, and for making me see a lighter side to all this sometime very crazy life of farming! :) :)

see ya

Gail

warpaint":vp2rr9qe said:
Very glad you were able to get rid of him without anymore trouble.

Sorry to hear ya'll are poorly, get better soon! ;-)

Glad to see he is gone and the farm is safe again! I discovered another great Bull deterrent tonight. A 33 inch Aluminium Softball bat, Worked pretty good!

Latest posts