Help!

Help Support CattleToday:

TripleB

Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I noticed my heifer had a lump on the outside of her ear. I figured it was ringworm and put a couple iodine treatments on it. Then I did a search on here and most folks said that ringworm would go away on it's own. Toady I came home from work on my lunch break and noticed that the neighbors steers were out. I was kinda shooin them back when I stopped at her pen. Thats when I noticed that whatever "it" is has spread to the inside of her ear as well. I don't know if I can get a pic of it or not. The outside lump is about as big a round as a nickel, hard, and cannot be moved back and forth. The inside lump is bigger, almost looks like a tumor but is also hard. Is it warts? Anyone have anyother idea of what it could be and how to treat it? I'll go out before I go back to work to see if I can get a pic and post it on here later tonight.

Stef

P1010297.jpg

P1010296.jpg

I agree with Beefy looks like warts.They will go away on their own eventually or you can crush them with a pair of pliers.I would let them subside on their own unless she is going to a sale or show soon.

I agree it looks like warts. They will go away on their on. I had a heifer that had alot of them all over her head and shoulders. The vet told me just leave them alone. I did and they went away in a couple of months.

One more time! They action of pulling or crushing the wart is what stimulates the immune system. You can pull one of and feed it to the neighbors dog, take the turd and bury it under your brothers mother-in-laws sisters porch and it will have the same affect as feeding it back to the cow.

Well, speaking from experience, the only problem I can see with the above advice is that sometimes ear warts don't go away on their own - they just keep bigger. I believe I would keep an eye on this heifer and, if they go away - great, problem solved! If not, I believe I would take a more proactive approach - namely, a vet.

Thanks guys. I talked with the vet I work for and she said to use strong iodin and a rough terry cloth and scrub it off. So I'll try that and see what happens.

Stef