Help!!! Send grits

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms":26ugf9sz said:
I've seen Yankees, pour Syrup on Grits, dang! Talk about ruining something good. Whenever we fry up a mess of Fish, we always have Slaw and Hushpuppies. When we cook Quail, we always have fried Cornbread.

Crowder you do have to be a hillbilly to know what hot water cornbread is.

Caustic Burno":27oypldi said:
Crowderfarms":27oypldi said:
I've seen Yankees, pour Syrup on Grits, dang! Talk about ruining something good. Whenever we fry up a mess of Fish, we always have Slaw and Hushpuppies. When we cook Quail, we always have fried Cornbread.

Hillbilly and Proud!

Crowderfarms":3i0khfz4 said:
Caustic Burno":3i0khfz4 said:
Crowderfarms":3i0khfz4 said:

Hillbilly and Proud!

What happened to the "Appalachian American" label? ;-)

Not to change the subject but we "Fried" a bunch of babyback pork ribs the other night. First time I have done it. I don't know if it was the "Makers Mark" or the ribs but those "Some Beeches" would make your tongue slap your brains out!
:lol:

D.R. Cattle":2hfue9g0 said:
FFSCJ all the fellers I'm punching cows with right now are all from Oklahoma-even the ranch manager. I'm the only one of the bunch from Fla. I gotta tell you...so far my opinion of Oklahomans is pretty darn good. I'll make crackers out of em before months end. Even got all of them crackin whips and eating froglegs already!

D.R., they have to be some of the friendliest people I have ever been around.

MikeC":32d412f2 said:
Crowderfarms":32d412f2 said:
Caustic Burno":32d412f2 said:
Crowderfarms":32d412f2 said:

Hillbilly and Proud!

What happened to the "Appalachian American" label? ;-)

Not to change the subject but we "Fried" a bunch of babyback pork ribs the other night. First time I have done it. I don't know if it was the "Makers Mark" or the ribs but those "Some Beeches" would make your tongue slap your brains out!
:lol:

To hard to type out Appalachian-African-Asian-Native-American. Hillbilly just easier Mike. Talk about good eatin take about a 50 pound PWR split him and put him on the pit.

Caustic Burno":3h7aoy8u said:
Crowderfarms":3h7aoy8u said:
Caustic, I'm really surprised you have'nt wrote us you recipe for Carp on a stick. Or Sucker on a shingle.

Crowder I am hurt you have stepped on my one sensitive feeling. :stop:
The Carp or the Sucker one?? :lol2:

Crowderfarms":oqib1gch said:
Caustic Burno":oqib1gch said:
Crowderfarms":oqib1gch said:
Caustic, I'm really surprised you have'nt wrote us you recipe for Carp on a stick. Or Sucker on a shingle.

Crowder I am hurt you have stepped on my one sensitive feeling. :stop:
The Carp or the Sucker one?? :lol2:

I think his "One sensitive feeling" is his "STOMACH" Crowder!

Well....other than his "WALLET"! ;-)

I was in Maine bear hunting once and I carried up some pinto beans and cornbread to cook. I made Ice tea and fried taters. Those folks had never had pinto beans and cornbread much less fried taters. One of the guide's came in the lodge and smelled the aroma. He said "I have not smell that since I was a kid in North Carolina". He ate two plates before leaving. Course I ain't never had clam chowder like they make it up there.

Caustic Burno":33chseyh said:
Bama and Mike C how far are yall from Columbus Ms.

I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I worked over there when I was younger and single. WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooo!!!!

Mississippi State College for Women............................

I lost 30 lbs that summer!

I'm about 3 hours for Columbus. I've been looking at putting a hog hunting trip together near your neck of the woods. I've never been hog hunting, It sounds like something I would enjoy.

Bama":romt8sqe said:
I'm about 3 hours for Columbus. I've been looking at putting a hog hunting trip together near your neck of the woods. I've never been hog hunting, It sounds like something I would enjoy.

Come on had about 25 in the front yard last night. I hate hogs here today tearing up pasture six miles from here tomorrow. Dang things cover a lot of ground.

Love my grits.......even got my aussie wife eatin them........got to have them hot tho...real hot..............bacon, butter, salt, pepper...or for a sweet treat...sugar!

Corn bread.................love it sweet and moist..........she has it down pat for me..........put day old cornbread in a glass with milk......yummmm. Hate choking on the hard and dry stuff.

Sweet tea.........real brewed tea................lotsa ice on a hot summer day.....................

Boiled, then grilled ribs with a vinegar red sauce.............yummm.

Prawns..............scewered on the grill with some Old Bay Seasoning.........................Oh my!

Aged beef steak, grilled medium rare, with a side of trout next to it off the grill.....................to die for.

Grilled salmon, in a dark brown sugar glaze....................too much!

you all have me hungry again. :p

ffscj":3mxh3apf said:
Flaboy and D.R., I just realized sumthin else I'm going to need to ship in: Everglades Seasoning.

Chris

Surprised they don't carry that in a common grocery store there. If all else fails get some seasoned salt and add cayenne. At least that will remind you of the real thing.

D.R. Cattle":3dkvdro2 said:
ffscj":3dkvdro2 said:
Flaboy and D.R., I just realized sumthin else I'm going to need to ship in: Everglades Seasoning.

Chris

Surprised they don't carry that in a common grocery store there. If all else fails get some seasoned salt and add cayenne. At least that will remind you of the real thing.
They sell it here at Wal-Mart, In the Ethnic foods aisle. :shock:

You boys forgot the redeye gravy with the grits and eggs and ham. I once caught my EX-wife puttin sugar on her grits. Should have seen it comin then.

Lee

bwranch":1pvskdx0 said:
You boys forgot the redeye gravy with the grits and eggs and ham. I once caught my EX-wife puttin sugar on her grits. Should have seen it comin then.

Lee

Yep, that would be a pretty good indicator of things to come.

Course Crowder girls eat lots of sugar on their grits, on the viennas, and on the sardines. He keeps plenty of "Flesh" on them that way. Takes lots of energy for "Post Driving". ;-)

Latest posts