Help! Plastic problem!

Help Support CattleToday:

oh_yoh

Reaction score
I had a cow died over the weekend. She has been steadily losing weight ever since last fall when I realized that she might have eaten a plastic garbage bag. Well, to make a long story short, she did, cause I found it in her stomach when I did the autopsy. It's too late to help her now, but I might have another one who might have eaten some too. So I was wondering if there's any treatment or anything that I can do to help this one.

I'm new to this site and new to cattle raising so any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

Sorry only one thing I can think of. It won't help any that have it but for the future I would pick up the bags.
I have a pasture next to a subdivision under construction. The wind blows plastic bags into the pasture daily. Some of the workers throw their trash over the fence. Every day I have to go over the pasture and clean up.

novatech":13l5nl1r said:
Sorry only one thing I can think of. It won't help any that have it but for the future I would pick up the bags.
I have a pasture next to a subdivision under construction. The wind blows plastic bags into the pasture daily. Some of the workers throw their trash over the fence. Every day I have to go over the pasture and clean up.

I was driving down the road one day and saw a cow eating real thick plastic right by the fence. I stopped the car and went over to her (slowly) and as soon as I reached out for it she moved. I didn't think I had a chance but thought I would try. There is a lot of building going on in that area so I'm sure the plastic came from that.

novatech":yyi2va0t said:

i would not put up with that.

I had a cow take a full loave of bread off the tailgate of my truck once, she ate the whole thing bag and all before I could get to her.
That was four years ago she is still kicken and dropping calves every year, but I sure did hate eating that bologna without the bread.

cattleluvr18":3mz852um said:
novatech":3mz852um said:

I'd like to think that I wouldn't either, but I don't know what could really be done about it...some people are disrespectful pigs and nothing is gonna change that. :mad:

Alice

Alice":2m5ifm9i said:
cattleluvr18":2m5ifm9i said:
novatech":2m5ifm9i said:

I'd like to think that I wouldn't either, but I don't know what could really be done about it...some people are disrespectful pigs and nothing is gonna change that. :mad:

Alice
yes, but i am a subborn 15 year old who thinks she knows it all and only has it her way. im pretty sure i can change that.

Latest posts