Help! Our bull just melted!

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
He's been out for about 6 weeks in mud that is a foot deep, really sh.tty weather, climbing hills, and servicing some of our bigger, older gals.

I'm really worried about the loss of condition. You guys told me he would "melt down" and I can see exactly what y'all were talking about. LOL!

I'm consulting with Ron AKA "Bright Raven" on how we can re-condition him. We may need some time with "pet" cows to get back on track.

[image]217[/image]

Here he is on Youtube

http://bit.ly/2u0a2Xy

I have sons out of him ready to go, PM me if interested.

Why did you cut the video when he was about to walk, as a potential buyer always wants to see how the bull moves about. He's a solid boy, if he can get 40 females bred in 60 days you are doing something right.

************* said:
He's been out for about 6 weeks in mud that is a foot deep, really sh.tty weather, climbing hills, and servicing some of our bigger, older gals.

I'm really worried about the loss of condition. You guys told me he would "melt down" and I can see exactly what y'all were talking about. LOL!

I'm consulting with Ron AKA "Bright Raven" on how we can re-condition him. We may need some time with "pet" cows to get back on track.

[image]217[/image]

Here he is on Youtube

Stop feeding him grain. Lol.

He really is a nice bull.

Redgully said:
Why did you cut the video when he was about to walk, as a potential buyer always wants to see how the bull moves about. He's a solid boy, if he can get 40 females bred in 60 days you are doing something right.

I've posted videos of him walking, running, jumping and just about everything else. Nothing was good enough for CT.

I don't even bother now.

************* said:
Redgully said:

Nothing was good enough for CT.
well I'll go out on a limb and Say .nice bull..

A good mature bull shouldn't melt much over winter with cows, especially when fed good. About the easiest time for a bull out breeding cows, is fall breeding.
I would like a different set of rear legs on him, but a good looking bull other wise.

He's thick. Everywhere. I can recondition him for you if you need me to. Bring him down here in May and let him melt till September. I will knock an easy 400 pounds off of him for you! He's a hoss.

NEFarmwife said:
Curious, why did you delete all your other videos off your YouTube channel?

They aren't deleted, they just aren't open for you. I've never seen anyone search like you do, ha!

Makes me think I have something you are interested in.

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:

They aren't deleted, they just aren't open for you. I've never seen anyone search like you do, ha!

Interesting.

No, I assure you that you don't. I'd bet my best bull on it.

I didn't think you could block a username on YouTube, particularly without knowing the username?

Could it be that you didn't want someone knowing this video isn't of your bull JUST coming off breeding for the last 6 weeks? That he hasn't melted, cuz he hasn't worked? And a viewer could see that other videos were shot at the same time, some 8 months ago?

Do you know what cache is?

************* said:

[image]217[/image]

Here he is on Youtube

He will never get the chance to melt given how few cows he has to service while being fed.

Nice clean fronted bull, seems to have length, video isn't long enough to see him walk and never get a true side shot. No chance to see if he is deep and square hipped. He is good condition, maybe a tad bit too fluffy(fat). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxUxFcCqss Here's a bull we are breeding to, they let him walk. Get your bull to move and lets see all four corners, he looks good. I'm heading to the Crouthamel sale on Saturday to go see some V910 progeny.

Want to see him melt? Send him here. Turn out is about April 15. We will fish him out of the hills sometime in September. We will put him on a better diet plan than Jenny Craig. He will have some serious weight loss.

:pop:
NEFarmwife said:
************* said:
NEFarmwife said:

Interesting.

I didn't think you could block a username on YouTube, particularly without knowing the username?

Could it be that you didn't want someone knowing this video isn't of your bull JUST coming off breeding for the last 6 weeks? That he hasn't melted, cuz he hasn't worked? And a viewer could see that other videos were shot at the same time, some 8 months ago?

You really are a piece of work.

I will reopen the YouTube videos of him tomorrow. I didn't block just you, silly, the videos are private.

The video of him posted here was shot yesterday afternoon. Kind of hard to fake the mud on his legs and the leaves off the trees.

If you were near us you could see him working in person.

I'm thinking I should stand beside him with a newspaper, maybe an independent auditor chosen by a panel of CT members? Perhaps a forensic investigator comparing clips of him on YouTube? I can't have Ron come over because nobody on CT would trust him to confirm the bull is in service. It must be a non relative to be legit.

Like I said before, not a single person on CT is as aggressive as you are in checking every last detail about our operation. Never a kind word. When I mentioned the High Roller sale you had nothing good to say about them, what gives? Are you really as big time as you seem, or are you sandbagging us all by saying "aw shucks, I'm just a commercial operator"? Well if that's the case, I'm just an old Cantucky country bumpkin with a dollar and a dream. LOL! I doubt I will ever own a "fancy" bull like the big boys or ahem, big girls.

Maybe to prove our bull worked, when the calves are born in the fall, I will DNA test them and post the registration dates. I like the challenge, keep it coming. You are trying to prove me wrong, but I will show CT that what I post is accurate. Then what?

I don't have a beef with you, no pun intended, heck I don't even know you. I'm not competing against you or anyone else. I breed Angus and let the chips fall where they may, that's the benefit of being retired and not under the gun. I'm not in a position where I'm forced to breed what everyone demands. I'm more "small batch" Angus for a particular clientele. It's a lot more enjoyable that way. Who enjoys stress?

So with that said, breathe deep and chill.

************* said:
:pop:
NEFarmwife said:
************* said:

Interesting.

You really are a piece of work.

I will reopen the YouTube videos of him tomorrow. I didn't block just you, silly, the videos are private.

The video of him posted here was shot yesterday afternoon. Kind of hard to fake the mud on his legs and the leaves off the trees.

If you were near us you could see him working in person.

I'm thinking I should stand beside him with a newspaper, maybe an independent auditor chosen by a panel of CT members? Perhaps a forensic investigator comparing clips of him on YouTube? I can't have Ron come over because nobody on CT would trust him to confirm the bull is in service. It must be a non relative to be legit.

Like I said before, not a single person on CT is as aggressive as you are in checking every last detail about our operation. Never a kind word. When I mentioned the High Roller sale you had nothing good to say about them, what gives? Are you really as big time as you seem, or are you sandbagging us all by saying "aw shucks, I'm just a commercial operator"? Well if that's the case, I'm just an old Cantucky country bumpkin with a dollar and a dream. LOL! I doubt I will ever own a "fancy" bull like the big boys or ahem, big girls.

Maybe to prove our bull worked, when the calves are born in the fall, I will DNA test them and post the registration dates. I like the challenge, keep it coming. You are trying to prove me wrong, but I will show CT that what I post is accurate. Then what?

I don't have a beef with you, no pun intended, heck I don't even know you. I'm not competing against you or anyone else. I breed Angus and let the chips fall where they may, that's the benefit of being retired and not under the gun. I'm not in a position where I'm forced to breed what everyone demands. I'm more "small batch" Angus for a particular clientele. It's a lot more enjoyable that way. Who enjoys stress?

So with that said, breathe deep and chill.

I feel like we just had a breakthrough! Welcome to reality. Stay awhile.

And I never ever said ONE bad thing about the High Roller operation. Not one. Why? I've never even heard of them prior to you posting a sale catalogue? But if you must?

I don't sandbag anyone. I just prticularly don't like all the BS you're trying to feed everyone.

I think he is nice. You do catch a lot of heat sometimes, but you bring it on yourself most of the time. I like him, he would do my cows well I bet

Latest posts