Help!!! 140 farmall lost all hydraulics!

Help Support CattleToday:

myblackgold

Reaction score
The hydraulic system on my 140 Farmall have stopped functioning. I know its old but i hate to retire it! :cry2: The fluid is full, even the PTO quit on it. they wont even budge. Any suggestions?

Is the pump in the tranny? if the pump and the pto quit, one possibility if it has a LOT of hours is that the splines on the clutch/outer tranny input shaft have worn them selves out and spun... This would be the case if it's a live PTO only, On a double clutch system, the pump would be usually mounted on the engine, so they wouldn't both fail at the same time. I'm not familiar with that tractor though. I don't think the PTO was hydraulically engaged on those was it?

Perhaps Skyhightree or someone else has better knowledge of this model and can chime in

cubs and 140's they are basically same tractor except hp and other minor things. They pto and the hydro system are 2 seperate things the hydro runs off motor power pto tranny power. Most of the time the pto issues are due to a shift pin that has broke. Did you check the fluid in the hydro resevoir? Is your engine oil gaining oil ?

Edit: PTO issue were you using it then it suddenly stopped? Was it grinding while you were trying to engage it?

Nesikep":qoer08ak said:
I guess I might be more familiar with this than I thought... I have a Cub.. a bit of a wreck though

biggest difference is 140 has 2 seperate hydraulic controls cub only has 1

Latest posts