Hello from Hillsdown Ranch :)

Help Support CattleToday:

Good to get a report from you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I think of you often and should have written to you sooner. We just returned today from Atlanta for my husband's six month lab and MRI. Will see his oncologist on the 24 th to get the report. I know a little about what you are going through. I pray that God will soon bring complete healing. Looking forward to hearing that you are cancer free. It will be wonderful to hear. God bless.

Prayers on the way and hope you are cancer free!
I had five rounds of chemo last winter at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester,MN so I know the chemo is no fun. I hope you are able to eat well and drinking fluids. I also lost all my hair and now it's grown back. I have to head back to the Mayo in August for a bone marrow biopsy and check up and hope I'm still cancer free.

Williamsv I'm praying you and your husband will hear good news on the 24th!

I am so sorry to hear what your going through, We will sure keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I know that cattlewomen are a tough breed, you just keep fighting you will beat this thing.

gizmom

I have had this thread open all week, but with the fair going on I haven't been on enough to post. It is so good to hear from you and you have my continued prayers!

Thank you everyone, for your support, prayers, positive energy and good thoughts!!! :heart:

The funny thing about chemo when you are relative young and healthy is they throw everything they can at you because they think you are strong enough and they want to give you everything "just in case".
A lady a few years younger than me had the same diagnosis as I do 2 years ago and she opted not to do chemo, just a full mastectomy. Now she has metastatic stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her bones and liver. You just never know what life has in store for you.

Mrs Williams and ousoonerfan22 I am keeping you in my prayers that your follow ups will be cancer free.

Thanks again so very much :tiphat:

Just a little FWIW, did you know that when your bones are weak after all of the chemo runs that an almost empty plastic bottle of body wash falling 3 feet can break your toe?
I do now. :dunce:

Heartfelt wishes Wanda for good news when this is all over with. I am sorry for your hard days, and pray that they don't hang around. You are a tuff cowgirl and I know that you can beat this. :heart:
Lotsa hugs!

Keep fighting. My prayers continue for you. Thanks for your concern about my husband. I try not to let him see that I am getting anxious. We go Friday. I put my trust in The Lord.

All my hopes and prayers are pointed at you right now. You are strong. This all will pass.

My wife went thru all this a couple of years ago. It pained me to watch her suffer. She got thru it and is doing fine, but it does rock one to their core.

I can't express how I want you to get thru all this and make it a memory. God bless...

Love from part of your CT family....

HD, thank you very much for the update and for sharing with us. I had been wondering, and worrying, and I'm sure many others were too.

Sorry for the misery of the treatment but it sounds like they are "dropping nukes" on the cancer and not taking any chances. Once you get thru the treatments, you'll have your life back. I know several cancer survivors and they really live their lives to the fullest after that experience. I can't wait until you join that club.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Be careful with your body while the treatments have weakened it, try to take it easy as you can.

Had my last chemo on Tuesday! :banana: :banana:

I start radiation the beginning of September, 30 days. Radiation will give me an extra 70% chance of being cancer free for 10 years. 30 sessions, it seems like forever now but I can hardly believe I have been in this for 10 months now so another 6 weeks of treatment everyday should fly by too.

I chose not to ring the bell at my last chemo I do not want to jinx anything so I will ring it when I am done all of my treatment.

Thank you everyone for all of the luv, kind words and prayers. I truly believe that this has lifted me up at times when the pain has become more than one can bare. Now I can say survived chemo and neulasta. Neaulasta is a $2800.00 drug that I had to take every chemo session to keep my immune system working. It has been a God Send but also is the cause of most of my physical pain especially when taken during docetaxel chemotherapy. I know I had a minor heart attack when I found out the price of the drug :shock: and no it is not covered by health care.

I am also sponsoring a team of fabulous ladies who will be running the Fight Like a Girl Breast Cancer Marathon in October. I will not be able to run this year but hopefully next year I can run along side these amazing, compassionate women. Hopefully we can find a way to screen for my type of cancer so that it is caught before it is either invasive stage 3 or metastatic.

So onward and upward from here. Life is good, I am glad to be able to still fight the good fight. :tiphat:

Btw, I actually managed to pickle 30lbs of dills yesterday and blanched and froze 30 lbs of green beans too. I still have another 30 of pickles to do but I ran out of jars. :roll:
School starts in a week so time to get back into a somewhat normal routine again and hopefully get things at Hillsdown starting to feel like my home again and not just a place I am convalescing at.

Thanks again so very much my CT family!!!

Sounds like a lot of positive things in your life Wanda....I promise I will call you soon.

Latest posts