Hello from Hillsdown Ranch :)

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I would like to say thank you to everyone that pm's m to check in or to say hi. I am sorry I do not reply right away but I do read them all and they do really mean a lot to me and usually make my day. I am not on here very often or very long as chemo hurts the eyes and the computer screen is very hard on them but I do try to check in as often as possible.

I just finished my 4th chemo treatment, I did 3 rounds of FEC protocol and now and I am on a docetaxel protocol. I thought FEC was h@ll but it has nothing on D. I have 2 more sessions to go and then get a break for a month or so before I have to do radiation 5days a week for 6 weeks.

Questions that have been asked. Yes I did lose my hair, all of it on day 12 after my first session. Something you may not know is that it hurts like h#ll when it comes out in clumps as the follicles are all still alive so the next time you pull hair for a DNA sample from you bull be kind because I now know how that feels. ;-)
I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes but they get thinner after each session. :(
One thing about this type of chemo is that while on it you will never have to go through the pain or the cost of a Brazilian wax and my shower time now is down to about 5 minutes. :p

The herd is doing great even though we are yet again facing a devastating drought with the last one only 6 years ago and western Canada is either burning up from heat or wildfires that are out of control.

The 4H steer did very well, he finished 2nd in his club but he also had the highest ROG and was the heaviest of all hormone free steers, and that tells me that my genetics are far superior than those in the group that have to use implants to achieve the same results.

The nephew received honors for grade 7 as well as the most improved award. The nice thing about honors at this stage is that you are exempt form writing finals which took a lot of stress off of him and me since I am the one that makes sure he gets to it.

Nothing much else is new, but I am sure I am forgetting some very important things so I will just blame it on chemo brain for now. My world kind of revolves around cancer and my treatments at this time. This summer is a write off but I am going through this so I can put all of this BC nonsense behind me and have many more wonderful summers to enjoy. The sun/heat and chemo do not mix well together so it has been difficult to accept that I should not be outside everyday all day working.

I still enjoy cooking when I am up to it so no worries, the boys here are not starving :lol:

That is about it for now.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement, prayers and support. It does make all of the difference in the world especially on the days that are just a little bit more than I can handle. :heart:

Nikkles and Hurricane Kate are both well and they are my biggest support system and fan club. There is nothing like snuggling a Border Collie when you are not having the best day. :D

Take care everyone and hopefully by the end of the year I can announce that I am totally completely cancer free!!!! :tiphat:

saw your post and thought 'great, howzitgoing?'
Looks like the going's still tough :(
Congrats to your nephew and lets hope you meet your goal of health within the time anticipated. We miss you here.

Thank you!!

It is not that bad Rego, I do have good days too and the good days are usually are great days!

One bad thing about me is my stubbornness and the more I am challenged the more of a pit bull I become. I have managed to turn that into a positive for this situation.

I had complications from my last chemo a week ago and ended up in the hospital overnight. One of my Drs jokingly called me an oncologists nightmare because I do not just sit around and rest/recoup. He also said that is why he will never worry about me and how I am coping, as cancer does not stand a chance against this gal :D
I am still out doing yard work, I also have a little garden as well as all of my beautiful flowers around the deck and yard site. I check my cattle daily to make sure they are all OK as this is what keeps me going. I lost my second toenail last week from the show steer stomping on my feet over a month ago and he actually cut through my boots. I might have been OK had it not been during my zero immunity week so my cells were damaged very badly and my thus the toenails were unsalvageable. Oh well they grew back like I hope my hair will do eventually. :cowboy: I also make sure on my good days that I go hiking or whatever and get my 3 miles in daily this helps keep my mind clear and my body strong.

Life is good! I truly am blessed that the cancer was caught early before it had spread to my lymph nodes or metastasized. I was just unlucky to get this type of breast cancer at such a young age as it is very rare in pre menopausal women. However my treatments are called clean up because they are just precautionary in case one of those grade 3 aggression cancer cells managed to sneak away into my blood.

AND I still have my sense of humor, well most of the time anyways. :nod:

Thank you for the update. I've been wondering but I didn't want to pester you with PM's to find out. I'll continue to pray for you. :D

thanks for the update.your in my thoughts and prayers.i disslike cancer immensely.ive got friends going through that now.enjoy the days you feel like cooking.and always remember to get out with the cows they will make you feel better.

Thank you!

Btw I like being bugged with pm's. Like I said I may not reply right away but it truly does sometimes make my day when I get a message even just to say hey. :wave: :D

Great to hear from you, your in our prayers and I'm one of the many who believe you'll whip this thing! God bless you,

Alan

Good to hear from you!.. I see big clouds moving eastward, so hopefully they make it across the mountains and give you some rain

Thanks for such a chatty update. Details like this are helpful to know how to pray for you.

It's raining again here ... I wish I could redirect it north for you ...