Heifers retained from last years crop, hoping to AI this Jun

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy

Reaction score

Four heifers retained from last year, I'm hoping to have them along with 8-12 of my better cows AI'd this year for the first time.

Net Worth Grand Daughter

Soo Line Motive grand daughter

Another Soo Line Motive grand daughter

Soo Like Kodiak grand daughter

My hopes are to retain any females out of the group of AI'd females providing they're worth retaining. Bulls I had in mind are SAV Resource (for the cows) and Conneally In Focus, Mytty In Focus, SAV Ten Speed (if semen comes available) Sitz upward or Conneally Capitalist. I plan to limit it to two of these by breeding time in June. Any of these that a guy should avoid?
Thanks in advance

They are high class heifers Mn, some of the best photos of heifers I have seen. I have not had experience with those bulls mentioned but I have used SAV Thunderbird on my heifers and was very impressed with how they calved but especially how they grew afterwards.
Ken

Are 240 and 633 meaner than the rest? Or is is just the way they look. 240 looks ok in the 1st pic, but 633 always has a scowl on. ha

Nice looking group of heifers. But the corner in the 3rd picture needs to be braced different. The
guy - wire needs to be at the top of the brace post to the bottom of the pull post.

Some real good looking girls. Should make you some dandies. Those red ear bobs top them out.

Take a look at SAV Mustang his epds won't blow you away but I've been very impressed with the calves I've seen sired from him. They always look like blocky little tanks

I like. I like a lot!!! I like your AI list too! I'd make Capitalist one of your choices, just IMO.

highgrit":26pqe7tj said:
Nice looking group of heifers. But the corner in the 3rd picture needs to be braced different. The
guy - wire needs to be at the top of the brace post to the bottom of the pull post.

:nod:

Latest posts